So Whatcha Doin' Today?

oppo

Full Access Member
Took the new truck out and put it to work, got home and fixed a delicious healthy dinner, and then hit the weights. Today fixing to go pick up a load in Amarillo. Had shrimp and grits with cheddar for breakfast and packed leftovers for lunch.

yr6t8ixnawb8.jpg

Asparagus, mushrooms, chicken breast, lean ground beef, Italian seasonings, garlic, salt, dry ranch, parmesan, and reduced fat mozzarella.

oppo

Full Access Member
The other day I fixed this with beef fajitas and it was delicious. Beef really works well with this.

ViperJeff

Administrator
Took the new truck out and put it to work, got home and fixed a delicious healthy dinner, and then hit the weights. Today fixing to go pick up a load in Amarillo. Had shrimp and grits with cheddar for breakfast and packed leftovers for lunch.

yr6t8ixnawb8.jpg

Asparagus, mushrooms, chicken breast, lean ground beef, Italian seasonings, garlic, salt, dry ranch, parmesan, and reduced fat mozzarella.

New truck, what new truck?

ViperJeff

Administrator
I got one of them Microsoft Surface laptops. I liked the ability to separate the keyboard from the monitor and use it as a tablet. Didn't need anything exotic like my son. Just something to work on the Registry and continue learning php. I think I finally have everything moved over... guess we will see

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I got one of them Microsoft Surface laptops. I liked the ability to separate the keyboard from the monitor and use it as a tablet. Didn't need anything exotic like my son. Just something to work on the Registry and continue learning php. I think I finally have everything moved over... guess we will see

I bought a used but mint condition Ipad Air 2 that came with a Zagg bluetooth keyboard and case. It too separates from the keyboard so that you can use it as just an Ipad. But the keyboard certainly makes typing a lot easier.

So far the only drawback to this setup is no memory expansion on the Ipad. Like who made that decision? They couldn't at least put a micro SD card slot on the thing? Heck....I added a 128gb card to my phone. Putting one on the Ipad should have been a no brainer.

I've not messed with the Surface. Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Eating cheesecake for breakfast and it was glorious.

Cheesecake Factory makes a gluten free chocolate cheesecake that is fantastic. Now my dilemma is driving to my nearest Cheesecake Factory or going to the store and getting the stuff to make my own. I'll get a whole lot more that way.

oppo

Full Access Member
I vote for making your own. :waytogo:

Mine was was a slightly modified version of the recipe I posted before and it turned out great. I used great value light vanilla Greek yogurt instead of plain, casein protein instead of whey, added stevia and blackberries, and put a pan of water under it. It was a hit, is basically like drinking a protein shake and is only 450 calories per pound. I need to try a peanut butter version.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I vote for making your own. :waytogo:

Mine was was a slightly modified version of the recipe I posted before and it turned out great. I used great value light vanilla Greek yogurt instead of plain, casein protein instead of whey, added stevia and blackberries, and put a pan of water under it. It was a hit, is basically like drinking a protein shake and is only 450 calories per pound. I need to try a peanut butter version.

I picked up a couple containers of the Peak Diet Ice Tea. It's not going to beat the McDonald's sweet tea in any taste test but it is drinkable compared to other diet drinks. I also drink a lot of Powerade Zero. It's a no calorie version of Gatorade. Gatorade makes a reduced calorie sport drink but not a zero calorie drink. That's why I drink the Powerade. And it tastes pretty good too.

I sweat so bad during the summer I need to put beneficial liquids back into me as quickly as it leaves me. The humidity here is terrible. I can completely soak a T-shirt just unloading the truck.

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I have some Powerade zero in the fridge myself :waytogo:

My wife won't let me leave the house without a small cooler of it. On "not so hot" days that I don't get into my cooler, I get the look of dissatisfaction from her when she sees none of the drinks are gone. Could also be "you're an idiot" look. They're very similar. I usually try to chug one just to stay on her good side even if I'm not thirsty.

Arckadian

Lets see . . . Today I spent some time with my kids and then went to work. . . . While at work I will do my job, but I am getting some work done on a computer game that I am building. It will be fun to get further into it.

oppo

Full Access Member
20170503_195721.jpg

Fixed some pan seared chicken breast, baked beans, and roasted asparagus for dinner. I am now trying an experiment. Some healthy, lowish calorie, high protein chocolate cupcakes. They aren't from a recipe, just an idea off the top of my head. The batter tasted good and they appear to have baked up nicely. We shall see as soon as they cool.

oppo

Full Access Member
There is room for improvement but they weren't bad and the family thought they were pretty good. I may add a little more coco and stevia next time and maybe some more powdered peanut butter. Basically, more chocolate and peanut butter. All in all, I am pretty pleased considering this was just something I came up with completely out of the blue.

This time was

Bananas - 343 grams (4 bananas)
Jumbo eggs - 2 eggs
Egg whites - 92 grams
Greek yogurt - 227 grams
Powdered peanut butter - 48 grams
Coco 20 grams -
Chocolate protein powder - 51 grams
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Stevia - 20 grams
Splash of cashew milk

Baked at 350 for 25 minutes

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
There is room for improvement but they weren't bad and the family thought they were pretty good. I may add a little more coco and stevia next time and maybe some more powdered peanut butter. Basically, more chocolate and peanut butter. All in all, I am pretty pleased considering this was just something I came up with completely out of the blue.

This time was

Bananas - 343 grams (4 bananas)
Jumbo eggs - 2 eggs
Egg whites - 92 grams
Greek yogurt - 227 grams
Powdered peanut butter - 48 grams
Coco 20 grams -
Chocolate protein powder - 51 grams
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Stevia - 20 grams
Splash of cashew milk

Baked at 350 for 25 minutes

Are they gluten free? If so you might be on to something. If so you have to send me some. I'll be your guinea pig. I make an excellent taste tester.

Funny story. At breakfast the other day a lady was telling us about her pot belly pig and how he likes chocolate donuts. [Sarcasm=on] Oh really......like have you ever met a pig (barnyard type. no police jokes) that doesn't like donuts? Pigs will eat anything you put in front of them [/sarcasm].

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts