Something a little different. My slow AR build

KKing

Full Access Member
Happy to report I paid for an upper this morning. One that's actually in stock, and could be here end of next week. I'll wait and see how the transaction goes before I share too much info, but I'm pretty pumped

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Happy to report I paid for an upper this morning. One that's actually in stock, and could be here end of next week. I'll wait and see how the transaction goes before I share too much info, but I'm pretty pumped

I see how it is. Kinda bullshit to keep us all in suspense isn't it??? :upyours:

:hidesbehindsofa: :rofl:

We'll wait. Don't want to jinx it being shipped. Hope it works out. :cheers:

KKing

Full Access Member
I see how it is. Kinda bullshit to keep us all in suspense isn't it??? :upyours:

:hidesbehindsofa: :rofl:

We'll wait. Don't want to jinx it being shipped. Hope it works out. :cheers:

Lol I hear ya. It's not the suspense I'm wanting, I promise. I just don't want anyone jumping in and ordering one too if it turns out to be a crap deal.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Lol I hear ya. It's not the suspense I'm wanting, I promise. I just don't want anyone jumping in and ordering one too if it turns out to be a crap deal.

Makes sense. Don't wanna be responsible if someone else orders it and it turns out to be junk. :happy107:

KKing

Full Access Member
Makes sense. Don't wanna be responsible if someone else orders it and it turns out to be junk. :happy107:

Well guys, my upper shipped today so I feel a little better about sharing. I ended up getting a Aero Precision 7.5" upper. 1 in 9 twist barrel. I actually found the guy on armslist so I was kinda leery of that whole deal. But, it should be here the end of this week and as long as everything looks good, I'll share more. The guy seems very cool to deal with, so hope all goes well. Just so you didn't read this for nothing, here's a couple random pics. I bought these 3 flash hiders. The Noveske flaming pig will be what I go with on this 7.5", just found decent deals on the other 2 so I figured I'd get them and use them sometime or another.
apesu4ev.jpg

Small company stainless A2
ruvemyge.jpg

Yankee hill machine
4ajaqe3y.jpg

Crappy picture of YHM on my tacticool kel tec su22
maresusa.jpg

STF

Full Access Member
That flaming pig is complete junk. Just send it to me and I'll save you the problems.

KKing

Full Access Member
That flaming pig is complete junk. Just send it to me and I'll save you the problems.

Lol it's your fault I got it to begin with! I was settled on a 10.5", but with you posting about your 7.5" and the 10.5s being harder to find than Jimmy Hoffa, I'll just do a 10.5 down the road. I also believe I'll be filling out a form 1 for this beast when I get finished, we'll see

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

STF

Full Access Member
Well you can be the guinea pig then. I'm worried about it cycling or not. I've been looking at pig tail gas tubes all day trying to decide if they are snake oil or actually worth it.

So I guess you bought the upper complete?

KKing

Full Access Member
Well you can be the guinea pig then. I'm worried about it cycling or not. I've been looking at pig tail gas tubes all day trying to decide if they are snake oil or actually worth it.

So I guess you bought the upper complete?

I know the feeling. I've read about these so much my eyes hurt. From what I understand most times if you are using a heavy enough buffer they run fine with a normal pistol length gas tube,but then again every one runs differently so who knows. I'm using RRA's pistol buffer and spring that comes in their pistols so hopefully it'll be alright.
Yep, complete upper minus BCG and charging handle. I'm glad I got it but it was dumb to get one without a BCG when they're going for so much money right now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

STF

Full Access Member
Cool, I'm gonna try and run mine with a regular carbine buffer so I might buy the pigtail. Maybe not. Who knows.

KKing

Full Access Member
Well in the last few days I've ordered my bcg, charging handle (BCM mod 4), new handguard (Troy VTAC), and various small items to finish this thing up. Should everything come in as planned, the only other thing that I'll add down the road will be Magpul BUIS and I should be shooting in the next couple weeks. Then I'll see if I want to send in the form 1 or not

Last edited:

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Let me know how you like the bcm gunfighter charging handle. I've really been wanting to get one for one of my builds but I haven't got any feedback except online reviews

KKing

Full Access Member
Let me know how you like the bcm gunfighter charging handle. I've really been wanting to get one for one of my builds but I haven't got any feedback except online reviews

Will do man, I'm at the mercy of the vendors I bought from now, just waiting. I basically got it because of all the good reviews online, but I'll be able to give a good review since I have the stock RRA on my rifle

KKing

Full Access Member
Might be something to check out for my next build. I plan on doing a budget build, but a couple nice parts would be cool

KKing

Full Access Member
Waiting on bcg, charging handle, and new handguard. One thing I love about this lower is it has a nylon set screw behind the pistol screw that screws up into the upper to secure the 2 together
2u2eregy.jpg

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Is that the noveske kx3 flash hider? Looks asweome

Can't wait to see the thing finished. Your old handguard will go to good use

Members online

No members online now.