Tired of being fat

oppo

Full Access Member
Picking up some groceries and that includes some sirloin steaks and some fajitas. I also picked up some coffee flavored Greek yogurt that will be made into mocha pudding. Tonight's dinner starred some octopus. Now for some shrimp and some mushrooms and...

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've never tried octopus. Not sure I ever will. Now I can do some shrimp. And I eat so much steak that cows get nervous when I drive by their fields. They can sense me sizing them up.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Now in week 4 of my getting-back-in-shape plan..
Seems I am actually going thru with it all this time .. :)

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Now in week 4 of my getting-back-in-shape plan..
Seems I am actually going thru with it all this time .. :)

Last time I checked, round is a shape. So I'm over qualified.

But seriously, I do flirt with 300 lbs. But I stack it high. My job keeps me in shape. Except for driving from job to job, I'm on my feet and walking, carrying, lifting, winding the entire time. And I do it all myself. No helper. So I don't need a gym membership. I get a workout just doing my job.

oppo

Full Access Member
Octopus is pretty good, chewy though. Not surprisingly, the closest thing I can compare it to is squid but is chewier and has a stronger flavor. It is basically straight protein too.

Arckadian

I like Octopus, its not as bad as many people want to believe. I agree with Oppo's assessment of the meat, its pretty tasty and I got introduced to it by a friend that didn't tell me what it was until later in the meal. Its pretty good, I like it.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Single payer coming to your town. Stand in line to die just like the VA.

Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
Just finished week 5 of my effort.

Did 2 runs, 2 full body iron pumps and 1 day Carbine class (which I count as a half workout).. Total of 4.5 workouts not too bad Looks like I am stil on track.

However have developed a case of tennis elbow on the left though ... likely from doing dips (which I guess are too hard on my joints at my current weight of 248 lbs.. funny thing is... I was able to throw down 2 solid sets of good form un-assisted Dips and a 3rd half set of crappy ones. Which is actually not too bad at any age and weight.. )

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Damn, I'd love to be 233 again. You must be eating lots of that Octopus.

I don't know about the Octo, but I could eat the puss. Maybe that's what I need to be doing.

Congrats on Progress !!!

oppo

Full Access Member
Damn, I'd love to be 233 again. You must be eating lots of that Octopus.

I don't know about the Octo, but I could eat the puss. Maybe that's what I need to be doing.

Congrats on Progress !!!

Been doing that to. It is the perfect diet food, lol.
...and thank you!

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
233? I wonder how many years I'll need to be dead before I get down to 233. Wait, I'm being cremated so I guess we'll never know.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Nearing the end of week 6.
2 decent runs and one 7 mile fast ruckmarch in hilly terrain with the fellas on Friday

my legs/feet hurt all evening....
Saturday: probably weights

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Holy cow! That's incredible. You're down almost 100 lbs. since July? Way to go. You must be very determined.

oppo

Full Access Member
Thanks, I think it is safe to say that I am. Honestly though, even I am a little surprised at how easy it has been. I don't starve myself either. I just eat right. It also helps that I have a high TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). I burn a lot more than all the calorie calculators predict. According to them, I should be losing about 2 pounds per week but I have actually lost an average of 5.4. That is a deficit of 2700 calories per day. I am already trying to figure out how I am come up with the extra calories while still eating right. More beef, pork, cheese, sweet potatoes, pasta, and regular peanut butter again are going to come into play.

oppo

Full Access Member
222 :D

2 more pounds will be 100 since July 12. :pepper:

Boy was in bummed when I brought my scale home and found out I got a funky reading on the scale because of the weak floor at work. I got home to a solid floor and it read 228. I now leave my scale at home and just weigh at home. I am now at 219 which means I have now lost over 100 pounds since July. It is getting really strange looking at old pictures.

Members online

No members online now.