So Whatcha Doin' Today?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Started out with a fairly light day. Kept getting texts from the office (my wife) with other service calls that popped up in the area I was in. Might as well take care of them while I'm there. I wanted to get home early enough to start installing one of the doors on the shop. I didn't, so I mounted a couple trailer tires and put them on the boat trailer.

I had gotten two tires previously and attempted to put them on but found out they were 14's when the rims were 15's. I have no idea how that happened. Kids, don't do drugs. My tylenol must have had me trippin' when I ordered those. The 205/70-15's I got the other day went on no problem. The manual tire machine I bought from Tractor Supply just paid for itself.

oppo

Full Access Member
Spent the weekend down at the coast for my cousin's wedding. It was great, got see my cousin get married, visit with folks I haven't seen in a while, play in the ocean, handle some sharks and stingrays, see a bunch of dolphins up close, see the looks on the faces of the folks who hadn't seen me in a while, eat some seafood, and spend some quality time with the wife. I also got the ok to plan another trip down there specifically to go fishing. All in all, it was a really nice weekend.

ATI Gunstocks

Supporting Vendor
Hi Point Is Back

Hey guys, just dropping this here encase anyone is looking. We just put our Hi-Point Stock back on the market and we are also running a 20% of Promo Code on the website when you use the code "INSTAGRAM".

Let me know if there is anything I can do for anyone!

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Went to work running all over creation fixing broken or noisy doors. I am the caped crusader "Door Man" as people call me in these parts. Then I came home and finally got to the bathroom countertop project. We had ceramic tile countertops (at one time all the rage) but we went and bought a Corian/cultured marble type counter. We have a guest coming this weekend and wanted to get things updated and looking good. So I tore out the old one and got the new one installed. Still have to do the final hookup on the plumbing. I'll finish that tomorrow.

My wife also wants a red front door. It's been black since we moved in over 20 years ago but now all of a sudden it needs to be red. I think she's been on some of those home improvement websites. I'm going to have to put a block on the router to stop this nonsense. So I put my first layer of wood filler on the door where the dogs had scratched it. They're in puppy heaven now so we don't have to worry about that anymore. Once I get things all sanded smooth I'll be painting it Cherry Red. Eh, she's been talking about it for some time. I'm partly to blame since I sent her a picture of a house I was installing door on that was gray with a red door (our color scheme). She ohhh'd and ahhh'd and that sealed the deal. Now she's talking about new wood floors. Does it ever end?

oppo

Full Access Member
Nope, as far as I can tell, it never does. Even if you finish everything, they just decide they want something different.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Y'all are correct. We are now planning on putting an "eyebrow" over our garage doors. It will add some dimension to that part of the house. I'll install a couple LED lights to shine down on the garage doors. Sort of like this. I'm to blame as much as she is. I mentioned this look to my wife. She's the one pushing forward with the project.
pT7k3Cfl.png

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Was finally able to get my GSXR 600 out for the first time in about 20 months I ride with full gear on so it was hot as hell but I'd rather sweat than die. Fun times I ride with 4 others and don't do any stupid stuff.
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Had a long time friends 20 year old kid from Germany staying with us for the week. Today he moved on to his next host family so we took him to Staunton, Va where we met. On the way up we had lunch at Outback Steakhouse in Lynchburg, Va. We spent about 12 hrs. on the road today. Twas really only 3.5 to 4 hours one way but with stopping and some road construction it stretched out to 6 hours each way. But he's been safely delivered.

He originally wanted to ride from Durham, NC to Union Station D.C. where he would sit for 10 hours until his next bus took him to Staunton. We said that ain't going to happen. He'd make too easy a target so we got him there ourselves.

While he was here. I asked him if he had ever handled a pistol. He said no, I offered to take him out back and let him shoot a couple rounds. Said I'd start him on a .22 and then work up to 9mm. He showed absolutely no interest, non, zero, nada. I think my 17 year old nephew would be the same way. What in the world is happening to our future? Are guys being raised as pansies these days? I know not all of them are. Young men around my area still want to shoot and hunt and ride quads etc. At least there's still hope here.

Last edited:

Arckadian

Today I am helping a friend see that having insurance is a good thing. A friend of mine, retired Air Force, is looking at getting his USCCA membership done today. With everything going on, it always helps to be covered should you need to defend yourself.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Since our house guest has moved on to his next destination, I was able to get out and make some progress on the Lean to. Got one door in and functioning and the other is stacked in. Still need to tension the springs and do the track back hangs on that one. It's beginning to shape up.

After the doors are done I need to instal the rigid foam insulation on the ceiling. The wire some lights, fans and outlets.
The big door on the left is the existing shop. The door on the right was installed today.
EYDARCv.jpg

The grey building to the right is going away. It was built on an area where they buried trees when they cleared the space for the house. Trees have rotted and ground has sunken. Building is all crooked and falling apart.
JfRgjs1.jpg

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
While I was at Lowe's today, I picked up a new tool box. I was running out of room in the old one and had tools all over the place. Had a shelf full of tools and every time I picked one up another would fall off. Got a heck of a deal I think.

Top and bottom boxes. 1200lb. capacity. 100lb. per drawer. Ball bearing sliders and soft close drawers. They were on sale and I used my Lowe's card to get an extra 5% off. So it came to right around $250. I need to go back and get some indoor/outdoor carpet to line the drawers. Time to reorganize.

Uxh3BVC.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Got out to the towns fireworks celebration. God was trying to compete with them. Off to our West was a thunderstorm brewing. Moments after the grand finale the rain started. And it was a downpour. Before we could get out of the parking lot the streets were flooding. But it was nice that we got the show in.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Got an estimate on having the lean to insulated. Lets just say, I'd be crazy not to have it done. I might save a few bucks doing it myself but they'll have a crew come in a knock it out in half a day whereas it would take me all weekend.

Planning my cooling - lighting - electrical systems. Bought six 20" fans that I'll mount around the shop near the ceiling and they'll be on their own switched circuit. So all I have to do is walk in and flip a switch and all the fans will come on.

Decided I'm going to install a sub panel. Just run one 220 line from the main panel to it and then run all the 110 circuits from the sub panel for the lean to. Much easier and cleaner that way. Going to have a number of outlets all the way around it. Want them handy for plugging in battery trickle chargers etc.

I may be parking the SRT10 out there. If I do I'll be installing an air conditioner in the wall to keep the humidity down. It won't be big enough to really keep the building cool but remove our NC humidity is a must. Do not want the truck getting moldy and mildewy.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
The garage door eyebrow went on today. I need to install some down lights into it and then they'll come back and finish it up. It will help give that flat area some dimension. I know, I'm beginning to sound like I should have my own HGTV program.

TmvKZxql.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Among other things, I got the lights installed in the garage door eyebrow. I like the looks of it and it's not even finished yet. Still have to do the corbel brackets and put the vinyl back up.

THZZNwM.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts