So Whatcha Doin' Today?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
My parents had an old hot tub they no longer used. A friend was looking for one. My parents back yard usually stays on the wet side specially with all the rain we've had this season. Well today we decided to make the move since we've hit a dry stretch and the yard has firmed up.

My game plan was to get my trailer over there in their driveway so I could bring the hot tub around with my Bobcat using a boom pole and some straps. Load both the hot tub and the Bobcat on the trailer and reverse the process once we got it over to his house.

My '94 Dodge Ram has a front mounted hitch on it. It's easier to move the trailer with it instead of backing it up their curvy driveway. So I thought. I get the trailer down to the...sometimes busy road in front of our houses. They live next door. As I maneuver the trailer up their driveway trying to beat oncoming traffic, my power steering goes out. I'm having to strong arm the steering wheel to make the trailer half way go where I want it.

I finally get it up their driveway and the power steering mysteriously returns. It only acted up while I was out in traffic. Figures, doesn't it. I just don't get it. Power steering fluid looked alright. Pretty much everything else went smoothly. I had put a new hitch on the back of my work truck since the old one was breaking off. I hadn't installed the trailer wire RV plug so I had to scramble and take care of that.

With my equipment and a couple blessings we got it done. Not too bad for just two guys. And we did it just in time. We had a gully washer rain storm come though tonight.

oppo

Full Access Member
Finally mounted the receiver hitch on the wife's car. The install was surprisingly easy. The car has a tow rating of 2000 pounds and the hitch is a class 2 rated for 3500. Not a lot but plenty for what she is gonna pull.

20170723_170713.jpg

I also put a new floor on my trailer. It was overdue for some new wood.

20170723_230242.jpg

I think next, I will give it a fresh coat of paint.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've got a trailer that needs reflooring. My wife wants me to just get rid of it but I want to fix it up before I sell it.

The guys came and finished up the garage door eyebrow. I think it turned out nice. Now we're just waiting for the corbels to arrive and I'll install those. The corbels will go where the flat white pieces are.
image.jpg

Bluez

Full Access Member
Today I wll blue loctite the bottom of a Blackhawk VFG on one of my spare ARs..
and red loctite a picatinny panel in the WML poistion (far forward in the 9'oclock) on my keymod for my primary trainer.
Not sure I trust Blue loctite in that spot since its close to barrel.. and its come loose beofre w/o loctite.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Cant seem to find any loktite at walmart.. none of the employees knew what it was too and instead showed me the loctite branded superglue sold in the glue section...
No real hardware store anywhere around here..

oppo

Full Access Member
Cant seem to find any loktite at walmart.. none of the employees knew what it was too and instead showed me the loctite branded superglue sold in the glue section...
No real hardware store anywhere around here..

How do they not know what loctite is?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Got the corbels installed on the eyebrow. We really like how it breaks up that big flat wall. The side lights are in the shop drying. Taped them off and sprayed them a little while ago. I'll put them back up in a few. Last thing to do is mount the security camera to the corner of the eyebrow and this project is complete.

uciTnpz.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
This is in addition to several you already have I assume. I only have one safe and it's so chock full of stuff.....yeah, lets just call it "Stuff". That I have no room for my ammo. I do have it organized in ammo cans stacked against the wall. I'd love to get a safe just for ammo but have no room in the house for it.

Arckadian

Sorry I have been gone for so long. I have been working on getting money with my 3D printer, fixing up my new to me truck and camper, and recreating a computer game. It has been very busy time for me. Today I am having to redesign a very bad 3D model that someone, who is paying me, wants printed. Its his model, but he did not actually create it. Ahh the joys.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Just got done with a run.
At my current weight (240lbs) I run a gentle stride and when downhill I dont pick up speed to protect joints.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Just did a nice Iron pump. All exercises designed to improve my speed and endurance handling a rifle.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts