Night Sights

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Whatever you get, I'd stay away from Meprolights. I put a set on my GP100. I love them now that they are on there. But installation was the hard part. I has to do some Dremel work on the to get them to fit.

Glocks no problem, rear sight tool.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s81EOA6gtAE]Maryland Gun Works Sight Pusher, HIVIZ tool for Glock --- Front and Rear Sights - YouTube[/ame]

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Yeah, My front sight was just too large to fit in the slot. I had to physically file the wedge on the sight down. It went much faster with a Dremel

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Got my shipment from amazon with my meprolights for my G23. Busy weekend with the lady this so tommrow they go on.... only took 5days total from pointofsale to mailbox. Fwi they have alot of stuff for AR's also. I bought all my magpull parts from there..... concealed 27:patriot:

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Yeah, $59 is pretty good. I just always assumed night sights are a $100. My Trijicon's were $100, plus tax and it seems they charged $10 to install them for real close to $120. And I never really did like them. They're wore out now at 10 years old and don't light up at all whatsover and can't even see them in daylight since they look blacked out now.

I was hoping just to put my original Glock sites back on, but I guess the douche who installed them didn't give me the front sight screw back, so I don't have a way to install the original front sight.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Yeah, $59 is pretty good. I just always assumed night sights are a $100. My Trijicon's were $100, plus tax and it seems they charged $10 to install them for real close to $120. And I never really did like them. They're wore out now at 10 years old and don't light up at all whatsover and can't even see them in daylight since they look blacked out now.

I was hoping just to put my original Glock sites back on, but I guess the douche who installed them didn't give me the front sight screw back, so I don't have a way to install the original front sight.

I don't recall saying my mepros were that cheap, I paid 85 for mine shipped....hotrod, I got a front sight screw for ya...pm me your address and I will send to ya... Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I don't recall saying my mepros were that cheap, I paid 85 for mine shipped....hotrod, I got a front sight screw for ya...pm me your address and I will send to ya... Concealed 27

The Truglo's I just got for my XD40sc were $59. He may have gotten that figure from me. They just arrived today. Now I have another project to add to the list.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I found them for XD, Sigs, H&K, Glock and M&P's for that price, Trituums $59 with no tax and free shipping. TFO Fiber Optics re just $20 more at $79.95. I've bougth several things for this place now. Seems a bit faster than most places, and no tax and no shipping. I've bought X grips, good deal best prices, I've bought mags, those were good deals, seems something else too.

http://www.botachtactical.com/trtrsi.html Tritium Tru Glo $59

http://www.botachtactical.com/trtfogunsi.html Tritum TFO Fiber Optics $79

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
And don't buy them all guys, I need a set for my Glock 23 soon, and a set of the M&P's that will fit my SD9VE, but don't tell anyone that M&P sights fit the SD9VE and SD40VE. It's our secret. :secret:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator

How can I say Thanks for the Screw without it coming out gay C27??? :wtg: :3639243774_5f528137

That would be cool. I emailed you my addy. It will be just temporary. Maybe a couple months. I've got my cash tied up in my house sale. So until it sales, cash is way tight.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Had time to get them on....

Finally had a little time to put the on. Borrowed my friends sight tool and now its done. Nice and white in the day and brite green in the evening...I have been a Mepro guy forever but I had a set of Tru Glos on one of them and liked it well........

576d1361923818-night-sights-dsc00139.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00139.jpg
    DSC00139.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by a moderator:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
If that's the actual daytime sight picture, I think I can do that.

Not sure I've said it before, but I wasn't very happy with my Trijicons. Could have been my vision, but the dots seemed to be to small. And they were like a dot within a dot and I think that's what gave them the appearance of being small.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
If that's the actual daytime sight picture, I think I can do that.

Not sure I've said it before, but I wasn't very happy with my Trijicons. Could have been my vision, but the dots seemed to be to small. And they were like a dot within a dot and I think that's what gave them the appearance of being small.

I do not like trijicons either. My friend had them on his piece and I carried it one night and was not pleased with sight picture. The Tru-Dot mepros is all I have on mine. But like I said the tru glo is a good sight also... Concealed27

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I do not like trijicons either. My friend had them on his piece and I carried it one night and was not pleased with sight picture. The Tru-Dot mepros is all I have on mine. But like I said the tru glo is a good sight also... Concealed27

Good to know. I was hoping it just wasn't me and my vision. I intend to get the Tru Glo's eventually and hopefully they'll be better. I was stuck with the Trijicons for 10 years. So I certainly want to get something I like.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Good to know. I was hoping it just wasn't me and my vision. I intend to get the Tru Glo's eventually and hopefully they'll be better. I was stuck with the Trijicons for 10 years. So I certainly want to get something I like.

:banana-mario:

SWSS

Full Access Member
I just won a pair of TFOs for my Glock 21 on Ebay. Can't wait to put them on.
Let me know how they look and work.
May be rolling through your world week of the 17th. may have to stop and buy you lunch to thank you for the membership. I have been in Plano,TX the last 7 weeks...

Members online

No members online now.