Hollow point query

mopower318

Why do hollow points have better bc's than something like hornadys vmax bullets? I mean think about it like holding your hand out your window and it doesn't make any sense...

oppo

Full Access Member
Some target bullets have a very small hollow point. Combine that with a heavy for caliber bullet, the right ogive shape and a boat tail and you can end up with a very high bc.

mopower318

That's very true but wouldn't common sense say that something with a pointed end and the same characteristics have a higher bc?

Txhillbilly

Full Access Member
HPs are made to expand upon contact and due greater tissue damge. Its a SD round......G19

That's true with HP pistol rounds,but I think the OP is talking about Match grade BTHP rifle bullets since he mentioned the VMax.

The small hollow points in match bullets break the air up,and help the bullets stay stabilized at distance.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
That's true with HP pistol rounds,but I think the OP is talking about Match grade BTHP rifle bullets since he mentioned the VMax.

The small hollow points in match bullets break the air up,and help the bullets stay stabilized at distance.
I gotta get somesleep

:insane:

Members online

No members online now.