went to indoor range on tues. the 18th

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Went to indoor range to test some 22 Cal in my ruger 10/22 take down... I shot some Remington target and thunderbolt both ran flawlessly. All the other ammo I've tested in the rifle has worked good. Really nice 22 in my eyes, I need to get the trigger worked on a little stiff but I got a few things in mind. I also shot about 250 rds thru my G23 which ran flawless thru all my reloads I shot. My frienddoes my loads and there great.......
Concealed 27

Bluez

Full Access Member
Sounds like you did a lot of shooting.
Always a good thing.

I havent shot yet this week since I gave both my primary handgun and my primary rifle a super good cleaning 8 days ago.
They are so clean now I am loath to get them dirty again so soon :)

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Sounds like fun. The only loads I've shot lately.... well anyway... Yeah I need to take the guns out. Warmer weather is right around the corner.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I need to go do some shooting. I just can't bring myself to waste the ammo. I know, I'll put some rounds through my shotgun. I can reload the shells.

ninja man

Full Access Member
i have some guns at my shop for protection so those 2 are tax write offs, and i take my employees shooting every so often so some of the ammo is a tax write off, but some things i cant use like that. ammo is expensive now. damn...... i bought a box of s&w 500 $45 for a box of 20. the 338 lapua is over $5 a shot. eff me

oppo

Full Access Member
i have some guns at my shop for protection so those 2 are tax write offs, and i take my employees shooting every so often so some of the ammo is a tax write off, but some things i cant use like that. ammo is expensive now. damn...... i bought a box of s&w 500 $45 for a box of 20. the 338 lapua is over $5 a shot. eff me

Those are the kind of calibers where reloading will save you a fortune.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Yeah I think reloading saves me a lot, cost me about 11 dollars for a box of 9mm and some beer for my friend. Hardest thing now is to get reload products I try to buy 9 and 40 bullets in .500 rds boxes if I can find them but it's been hard lately..... I have a lot of brass for 223 but can't find lead for them...just a hit or miss game.....

FloridaGuy

Yeah I think reloading saves me a lot, cost me about 11 dollars for a box of 9mm and some beer for my friend. Hardest thing now is to get reload products I try to buy 9 and 40 bullets in .500 rds boxes if I can find them but it's been hard lately..... I have a lot of brass for 223 but can't find lead for them...just a hit or miss game.....

Concealed 27,

Have you tried Harbor Reloading in Clearwater? That is where I get all of my reloading components. He has really good prices and seems to always have what I need. He is also a Dillon Precision Press Dealer.

If you let me know what weight bullet you want for your .223. I can check for you and let you known. I will be going there this week to pickup some 230gr LRNFT projectile's for my 1911's. Normally 500 lead projectile's are $40 to $60 a box depending on caliber and weight.

oppo

Full Access Member
To really bring prices down, buy by the thousands.

9MM 115gr FMJ - Case/1,000 - Bullets - Products

Buy 4,000 and the price is $93 per thousand for 9mm fmj, no tax, shipping included.

Powder Valley, Inc.

CCI primers $27 per thousand
Titegroup (for example) $59.50 for 4 pounds which is enough for close to 6,000 rounds.
Combine several thousand primers and some powder for one hazmat fee

You are looking at about $7 a box for fmj

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
That's exactly how you have to do your reloading purchases. Long long ago, We had a group of buddies, there was 5 of us, and sometimes 2 other guys got in too that didn't shoot near as much and we'd buy all at the same time. We found 1 powder that worked in several different caliber loads and bought the hell out of it. And then with .30 call lead working in our 30.06, 30/30, .308 and 300WinMag, we bought the hell out of that too. More like 5000rds at a time. And same with .38 and .357, and the .444 Marlin and .44Mag. It helps alot sharing the expenses in the consumables and also in buying the equipment.

Members online

No members online now.