Tired of being fat

oppo

Full Access Member
Thank you. It still seems kind of unreal. Even the after picture above was 21 pounds ago.

Sweet tea is the nectar of the gods along with coffee. As any tea drinker knows, pre-made teas usually suck and and pre-made diet teas are basically horse piss but I have found 1 glaring exception and it is actually really good. I drink about a gallon a day. I have had several people switch after trying it.

315k-mh30xL._AC_UL320_SR272,320_.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
On your recommendation, I'll give it a try. And I concur with your description of "off the shelf" type teas. Did you ever try the lipton Iced Tea in a can? I swear you could actually taste the flavor of the can in each sip.

oppo

Full Access Member
On your recommendation, I'll give it a try. And I concur with your description of "off the shelf" type teas. Did you ever try the lipton Iced Tea in a can? I swear you could actually taste the flavor of the can in each sip.

Yep, I didn't care for it at all. The Gold Peak unsweet is awful too. Even with sweetener added, it tastes nothing like the diet. The sweet is ok but obviously full of sugar.

Arckadian

I am sitting at about 220 . . . . I need to lose weight myself, but I am waiting to see what the Rheumatoid Arthritis professional says about me. . . . that is next Friday.

oppo

Full Access Member
There are people stuck in wheelchairs who have successfully lost weight. The hardest part is simply making the choice to do it. :waytogo:

oppo

Full Access Member
Right on track. 183 this morning and the abs are showing more and more.

One of my cousins just hit me up wanting help to lose weight. I get bombarded with questions a lot but don't mind at all. It feels nice to help others improve their health.

Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
I lost 15 or so lbs since March but am still pretty fat based on my own historical comparison.

Still have 30 lbs to go ...

oppo

Full Access Member
I lost 15 or so lbs since March but am still pretty fat based on my own historical comparison.

Still have 30 lbs to go ...

15 down is still 15 down :waytogo:

It is not a race and there is no finish line. It is a journey and sustainability is the key.

Last edited:

oppo

Full Access Member
My mind is a bit blown this morning. I stepped on the scale to see 178 which marks a total of 150 pounds lost and a weight I haven't seen since I was 14.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
My wife approached me the other day and said she's concerned with how much sugar I consume. I have to admit I do drink a lot of sweet iced tea. Sorta like a fish drinks water. She just asked me to cut down on it some. I said nope. It's all or nothing. So I haven't had any sugar in about a week.

At first I was looking for someone to kill. After that passed it was I just wanted to injure someone. After that passed I wanted to hurt someone's feelings. Who am I kidding? I still want to hurt someone.

I've been trying to do the calorie free drink flavorers in the squeeze bottle. They have a sweet Iced tea version. IT AIN"T THE SAME. I also have some sugar free candies beside my chair that I snack on occasionally. The butterscotch one's are ok. The Werther's candies taste alright but they're the size of a dime. I think they only put flavor on the outside of the candy. About 8 seconds after I put it in my mouth the flavor disappears.

I may have lost some weight already. My pants are feeling looser. Haven't stepped on the scales to verify it though. I may be flirting with 300lbs. in the near future. I have kinda set my goal at 275. At that weight, I'll look skinny.

oppo

Full Access Member
Good for you. :D It does get easier and your taste buds will start to change. I don't add sugar to anything anymore. One of my favorite treats is to mix mix cocoa and stevia into Greek yogurt to make chocolate pudding. A slightly odd one is to crush up a few Doritos into some cottage cheese and add a little extra salt.

Now, I all for cutting sugar. It is a great way to cut empty calories and it helps a bit with appetite control. In the end though, there is nothing inherently wrong with sugar. All carbohydrates turn to sugar. The only difference is how quickly and how many nutrients you get with it. In other words, a small piece of chocolate is better than a big piece of bread. I typically avoid both though because they don't keep me full. Of course, with tea, particularly sweet tea, moderation is a tall order.

In other news, I now get to eat a few hundred more calories every day. :rockit:

Arckadian

I am still in the fat stage . . . can't seem to work up the urge to get off me butt and actually work out. Probably should, but ehh. . .

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
My job is very physical. Up and down ladders. Back and forth to the truck for parts etc. Hauling stuff to and fro. I don't need an exercise membership. Now the doc would tell me that all the physical work doesn't count. That I would need to get my heart rate up. Some cardio. Phooey!

oppo

Full Access Member
My job is very physical. Up and down ladders. Back and forth to the truck for parts etc. Hauling stuff to and fro. I don't need an exercise membership. Now the doc would tell me that all the physical work doesn't count. That I would need to get my heart rate up. Some cardio. Phooey!

Physical activity is physical activity. Of course it counts. Years ago at an old job, their was an empty field next to the shop that was part of the same property. I would actually volunteer to mow it just for the exercise and dropped about 30-35 pounds.

Bluez

Full Access Member
My weight loss as slowed down dramatically but is going going albeit more slowly.
As I am halfway to my weight goal I find myself breaking my diet big time on some days..

oppo

Full Access Member
That is kinda how it goes. The more you lose, the fewer calories you burn and as you get leaner, your appetite generally increases. The best tactic that I have found is to utilize high volume, low calorie vegetables to help fill you up and cutting back on things like butter and oil to cut out a bunch of calories. Things like that have made a huge difference for me and now, it is just habit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts