S&W Revolver Thread.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Smith & Wesson .44 Mag 29-4 (blued 6")
Smith & Wesson .44 Mag 29-3 (Nickel 8 3/8")
And I still use the OG S&W Earmuffs too!

DSCN1545_zps358f7592.jpg

DSCN1546_zpsb77239bb.jpg

Last edited:

otasan

Full Access Member
I fired my S&W 629 in competition yesterday, and the cases were so stuck in the cylinder that I had to beat the extractor rod to eject the cases.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
This is my only S&W right now:
DSCN1605.jpg

327PC with an old set of wood.

I am in love with the N-frame .357 magnums. I first fell in love with my dad's 627-0. If I were a collector, I'd start with every variant of the 27/627/327 family.

I don't even think you can call this a snub nose can you? More like a pug nose. :rofl: But I sure like it !!!

cce1302

Full Access Member
I don't even think you can call this a snub nose can you? More like a pug nose. :rofl: But I sure like it !!!

Me too! It has the best of all worlds, in my opinion.
.357 magnum-check!
8 round capacity-check!
short barrel-check!
light weight-check!
comfortable grip-check!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Me too! It has the best of all worlds, in my opinion.
.357 magnum-check!
8 round capacity-check!
short barrel-check!
light weight-check!
comfortable grip-check!

I bet you certainly feel the recoil on it though. I like it though.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I'm sure it's fine for self defense at close range. I guess you just wouldn't practice with it much or make a target gun out of it. Shoot a few rounds thru it occasionally to know what to expect when it's needed and not caught off guard.

FloridaGuy

Well here are a couple of my S&W Revolvers.

Smith & Wesson Model 640 chambered in .357 Magnum.

attachment.php

S&W Performance Center Model 629 chambered in .44 Magnum

attachment.php

S&W Model 327 TRR8 chambered in .357 Magnum

attachment.php

This is only a couple that I could find pictures of quickly with out digging. I will post more later when I find the pictures.

Attachments

• Model 640.jpg
    Model 640.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 17960830_1.jpg
    17960830_1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 10
  • P1780081.jpg
    P1780081.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 10

FloridaGuy

Sometimes a hot load with certain casings will expand.

All cases when fired will expand some what. the hotter the load the more expansion of the casing you will see. But with normal case expansion you should not have to hit the extraction rod that hard. The only time I have had that issue was when the chambers really needed a good cleaning or when the load was way to hot.

Last edited:

ninja man

Full Access Member
here are my s&w revolvers.
(1) 686-6
(1) 686-6+
(1) 629-1
(1) 500

the unfired 629 now shows slight signs of being shot. cleaned them all up, but you cant get everything

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 14

FloridaGuy

I created a photo album with pictures of my S&W Revolvers. To access it click on "Community" then click "Picture's & Albums" you will then see the albums I created. I posted them to this thread the other day but my post never showed up in the thread not sure what happened to it.

Full Access Member
I created a photo album with pictures of my S&W Revolvers. To access it click on "Community" then click "Picture's & Albums" you will then see the albums I created. I posted them to this thread the other day but my post never showed up in the thread not sure what happened to it.

Nice collection.

Members online

No members online now.