S&W Revolver Thread.

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
Show em off, talk about them etc...

I'll start with my three.

This 6" 28-2 .357 Highway Patrolman belonged to my grandfather. For years he used it as his bump in the night gun, and I do the same with it.

41f041144ee91e97ac1aa5cda7118547.jpg

Not much history behind this 4" 617. The 10 rounds of .22lr it holds equals most .22 auto loaders on the market....pretty cool in my book.

e668c5a1.jpg

Lastly is my recently acquired 4" 681-3 .357. This is a fighting revolver, I would not feel bad at all having this on my hip.

21cceed39bed4b72fbb63f8479b43064.jpg

Particularly cool is that this revolver started life as an issued service weapon for the Topeka Police Department.

4144e572ea034dac7a16bec741ee1c44.jpg

That's what I have, now share yours.

Old School

1977 S&W Model 15 found in a local pawn shop behind all the bottom feeders.

Good price and it cleaned up well.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Old School

1983 S&W Model 60.

Bought last year with the inspection stickers still on the grip panel and a single burn mark on the face of the cylinder.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

armoredman

Full Access Member
Smith 10-8.

outdated.jpg

The back story behind this one is I bought it for my stepfather in the late 80s to replace the TERRIBLE Taurus revolver he had, (only revolver I fired that jammed, AND Taurus refused to work on it, too old), so I found this refinished Model 10 for cheap. He kept it under his bed protecting him and my mother for years. He never fired it, but I test fired, cleaned it and reloaded it with fresh ammo once a year. After my mother passed on, with his eyesight failing due to wet macro degeneration, he handed it back to me as he went into assisted living. A few months later he passed on to be with his wife and his World War Two buddies. Yes, that's his 1943 graduation photo from Radioman School for the United States Army Air Corps, and the last picture of the two of them together.

heirloom.jpg

It proved to not only be quite accurate for s schulb like me,

SmithModel1010292007.jpg

...but also very photogenic, especially with the old Bianchi Patrolman holster I found in a used holster bin.

Antiqueddrawing.jpg

Nothing special to anyone else, but priceless to me. This revolver, complete with the same Pachmeyer Presentation Grips that were on it when I bought it for my Pop, will be handed down to my son in time.

PICT0252.jpg

BigJ

I've been loving my latest S&W pick up, a Model 327 Night Guard... 8 shots of tritium night sighted scandium framed 357 magnum snubbied goodness.

327ng.jpg

cce1302

Full Access Member
This is my only S&W right now:
DSCN1605.jpg

327PC with an old set of wood.

I am in love with the N-frame .357 magnums. I first fell in love with my dad's 627-0. If I were a collector, I'd start with every variant of the 27/627/327 family.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
This is my only S&W right now:
DSCN1605.jpg

327PC with an old set of wood.

I am in love with the N-frame .357 magnums. I first fell in love with my dad's 627-0. If I were a collector, I'd start with every variant of the 27/627/327 family.

Sweet just don't shoot a finger off.. Those grips should help tho.. nice i like it.

SWSS

Full Access Member
1950 Target Masterpiece

passed on from my Grandfather. traded an old 1911 for it in 1950 and got $11 to boot!

Attachments

• 1950targetmasterpiece.jpg
    1950targetmasterpiece.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 11

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Yup. My wifey carries the 380BG
Really likes it. I really like the rvlvr.

We tried a number of different semi-autos for her. She just doesn't have the hand strength to rack anything bigger than a .22. :snoopfacepalm:
But she can pull the trigger of a DA revolver no problem.

SWSS

Full Access Member
yeah, my wife doesnt have a big rack, wait, what, oh yeah, well wifeys first on and love is her P89DC. She is a mean azz redhead! oh well I digress. :bleh:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
yeah, my wife doesnt have a big rack, wait, what, oh yeah, well wifeys first on and love is her P89DC. She is a mean azz redhead! oh well I digress. :bleh:

Post pictures and let us be the judge. :insane: Did I say that out loud? Sorry I was distracted by your comment.

Last edited:

SWSS

Full Access Member
haha, hell no. there are way too many knob grabbers...I might show a pic of her P89! or her cuz, i would do her...

Members online

No members online now.