Reciprocity Map

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Here is a great site to check and see where you can carry legally.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Click on the state you got your CCW in and it shows you what other states you can and can't carry in. Blue = Yes you can, Red = No you can't, Black = Muggers welcome.

I have one question.....what the hell is wrong with Illinois?
Recip.png

ViperJeff

Administrator
Yep, those are the signs. Illinois has to keep there biggest employer safe and they are doing everything possible to provide a safe work environment for those employees. Being a business based on commission, the government provides avenues to improve the commission rates

It's working very well, wouldn't you agree

Arckadian

I agree with the 100% defenseless victims part. If you take the guns away from the honest people then the only person that will have them (aside from police) are the bad guys.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
It's weird how some states honor other states permits and others don't. Wouldn't it be beneficial for there to be a National permit so those who qualify can carry anywhere? This having to check states is stupid.

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
It's weird how some states honor other states permits and others don't. Wouldn't it be beneficial for there to be a National permit so those who qualify can carry anywhere? This having to check states is stupid.
The constitution allows the states to determine how guns are carried. Power where it should be IMHO.

Some states have different qualifications for carrying concealed, that's why some states reciprocate and others don't. For instance, Virginia residents need only pass a background investigation and do some online courses and pay the fee for the license. No proficiency course needed. {Scary!} On the other hand, some states like Missouri make the licensee draw from concealment in the CHL proficiency test. Catch your shirt, or have any problems and you don't pass. In Texas you have to shoot for proficiency, but it is from the ready position, not concealment.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
The constitution allows the states to determine how guns are carried. Power where it should be IMHO.

Some states have different qualifications for carrying concealed, that's why some states reciprocate and others don't. For instance, Virginia residents need only pass a background investigation and do some online courses and pay the fee for the license. No proficiency course needed. {Scary!} On the other hand, some states like Missouri make the licensee draw from concealment in the CHL proficiency test. Catch your shirt, or have any problems and you don't pass. In Texas you have to shoot for proficiency, but it is from the ready position, not concealment.

I agree with you about the Constitution comment. Leave it up to the states. And with 57 (Obama) different thought processes you'll never get them all to agree on one way of testing people.

In my class there was a proficiency segment but it was from the ready position at three different distances. I guess they wanted to see if you could still hit paper from 30 feet back.

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
In my class there was a proficiency segment but it was from the ready position at three different distances. I guess they wanted to see if you could still hit paper from 30 feet back.

Texas is from 3, 7 and 15 yards. 50 rounds total. Minimum score is 170 out of 250 using a B-27 target.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Texas is from 3, 7 and 15 yards. 50 rounds total. Minimum score is 170 out of 250 using a B-27 target.

Ours was 30 rounds. 10 rounds from each position. I had my Ruger p85 with 15 round mags. Every 5 rounds they wanted you to put the gun down and pick it back up and fire 5 more rounds.

So I fired my first 5, safety, set it down, pick it back up and fire 5 more.
Move to second position fire 5 more, drop mag, new mag, set it down pick it back up fire 5 more and so on and so forth until I'm done. Took me 30 to 45 seconds to complete.

These poor folks who come with a 6 shot revolver are having to spend most of their time reloading it. Dropping bullets, trying to feed the cylinder. Seems like their qualifying took forever.

TacticalAdvantage

Full Access Member
In Utah, we have a state mandated 4 hour class, with instruction that resembles the NRA Basic Pistol class, with Laws ranging from state Administrative rule, to State and Federal Firearm Laws, and Utah Concealed carry Laws and Use of Force. Right now we have no Shooting requirement, but that may change with our next Legislative Session. But, the Utah permit has the most Recognition and Reciprocity of any other permit in the nation

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
In Utah, we have a state mandated 4 hour class, with instruction that resembles the NRA Basic Pistol class, with Laws ranging from state Administrative rule, to State and Federal Firearm Laws, and Utah Concealed carry Laws and Use of Force. Right now we have no Shooting requirement, but that may change with our next Legislative Session. But, the Utah permit has the most Recognition and Reciprocity of any other permit in the nation

I respectfully disagree with this part. According to the Reciprocity map, Utah's permit is not accepted in 15 other states. The NC permit is 12 and Arkansas is only 10. I'm just counting states not cities or territories.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts