"Price Gauging Ridiculous"

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I went to a bunch shops today just to see whats going on and I about shit my pants. I bought my AR-15 flattop for $699.00 plus tax, the same gun in the same store was asking $1800.00. A roughly 3/4 mark up in price. I have always been treated well there but I could not beleive it. I did not want to offend him about it just we talked for a bit and he was saying that they are not marking up pistol caliber rds but over $1.25 a bullet for.223 and he had none. My buddy just sold 1000 rds for $1000 from his personal stockpile.....
Hes telling me hes not marking things up either but he wants $45.00 for a $15 mag....BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS as Ludacris would say (Rapper):scum:

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I really hope things return to somewhat normal assuming no new gun laws get passed. I wanted to build another AR but I'm not about to pay $400-600 for a stripped lower

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I need to check into reloading but I'm way behind the power curve now. People have gone beyond panic mode

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I'm ramping up a reloading business but stocking it is difficult at the moment. So many distributors are out of bullets and powder. Powder Valley, Grafs, MidwayUSA are all out of a lot of stuff. Things need to normalize in order for me to have things to sell. It's ridiculous. I thought it was just affecting the AR's and some ammo's but it's across the board. Heck Walmart doesn't have any .22 ammo on the shelves.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I'm ramping up a reloading business but stocking it is difficult at the moment. So many distributors are out of bullets and powder. Powder Valley, Grafs, MidwayUSA are all out of a lot of stuff. Things need to normalize in order for me to have things to sell. It's ridiculous. I thought it was just affecting the AR's and some ammo's but it's across the board. Heck Walmart doesn't have any .22 ammo on the shelves.

Yeah Ive seen that in my area for awhile, Maybe a few shotgun non defense
rds with some kind of Federal JHPs is all I ve seen. Dropped some money on a safe today to lock my shit up all my mags will go into it with most of my ammo and they have to go thru me to getem.....:biggun:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Yeah Ive seen that in my area for awhile, Maybe a few shotgun non defense
rds with some kind of Federal JHPs is all I ve seen. Dropped some money on a safe today to lock my shit up all my mags will go into it with most of my ammo and they have to go thru me to getem.....:biggun:

Good move. Having a safe gives you a very secure feeling. Keep all your weapons (except the one at your side) and valuables in it. Important papers etc. Just don't go off and forget to lock it. Dang thing doesn't do a bit of good that way. It's just an expensive shelf if you forget to spin the dial.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Good move. Having a safe gives you a very secure feeling. Keep all your weapons (except the one at your side) and valuables in it. Important papers etc. Just don't go off and forget to lock it. Dang thing doesn't do a bit of good that way. It's just an expensive shelf if you forget to spin the dial.

I freak out when noones home....

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
The LGS I bought my SIG716 from and paid $1700 in Nov now has one in stock with a price of $5k. Someone bought it yesterday.

moodster

Full Access Member
I am actually thinking of selling my Barrett rec7.
It's unbelievable what people are paying for these.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Hopefully "Obama Scare" will be over soon.......I'm not gonna sell, and I'm not buying. Gotta ride it out and hope for the best.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Hopefully "Obama Scare" will be over soon.......I'm not gonna sell, and I'm not buying. Gotta ride it out and hope for the best.

Pistols are not being thrown up in price, they are asking a little more but since Im cash in carry I can get whetever I want at a reasonable price. My buddy wants me to sell him my PF-9.. he asked me If would let him hold it for protection till he gets one, hes disabled and In rough shape. Im scared to let him borrow it till he gets one of his own. I trust him I just dont want to be without it. I asked what he had to spend and he said $175.00.... I told him good luck, aint gonna happen. I wanna help him but I cannot lose $200.00 on a sale in current situation. What would you do??

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Pistols are not being thrown up in price, they are asking a little more but since Im cash in carry I can get whetever I want at a reasonable price. My buddy wants me to sell him my PF-9.. he asked me If would let him hold it for protection till he gets one, hes disabled and In rough shape. Im scared to let him borrow it till he gets one of his own. I trust him I just dont want to be without it. I asked what he had to spend and he said $175.00.... I told him good luck, aint gonna happen. I wanna help him but I cannot lose $200.00 on a sale in current situation. What would you do??

It would depend on how close of friend if it were my situation, and if I would already have something in it's place. I have never sold or traded one of my guns yet, and not sure I could especially the way things are right now.

Honestly I say hang onto it......it's sucks to have to be an ass to a friend, but sometimes you gotta look out for #1.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
If "Scared to let him borrow it" is your first instinct, that's what I'd go with. Second guessing yourself often backfires.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
On a side note while were on the friends topic. My family and I were out of town all weekend for my oldest sons Hockey Tournament (3rd place by the way), and I had my buddy come over a couple times a day to feed the dogs, and let them outside. This isn't the first time we've had this arrangement and it has never worried me before. The first thing I did even before I unloaded the truck was check both safes!

Never been paranoid before untill now.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I'm not scared to lone it to him.... but nice guys do finish last... he is uncappable of being good enoght shot due to his present condition just diagnosed wth epilepsy. I have had a few other tims he asked me the same thind and he asked I beat around the bush till 6months later... I'm going to tell him no I think, its. Hard cause I'm the only one who has been there for him thick and then.....

Members online

No members online now.