PFC Manning sentenced to 35 years

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
FORT MEADE, Md. — Army Pfc. Bradley Manning was sentenced Wednesday to 35 years in prison for giving hundreds of thousands of secret military and diplomatic documents to WikiLeaks in one of the nation's biggest leak cases since the Pentagon Papers more than a generation ago.

In a brief hearing, military judge Col. Denise Lind didn't offer any explanation for the sentence she gave Manning, 25. The former intelligence analyst was found guilty last month of 20 crimes, including six violations of the Espionage Act, as part of the Obama administration's unprecedented crackdown on media leaks.

But the judge acquitted him of the most serious charge, aiding the enemy, an offense that could have meant life in prison without parole.

Manning could have gotten 90 years behind bars. Prosecutors asked for at least 60 years as a warning to other soldiers, while Manning's lawyer suggested he get no more than 25, because some of the documents he leaked will be declassified by then.

My opinion is he committed treason in time of war and should of been strung up. I know that might sound harsh but aiding the enemy by releasing hundreds of thousand of pages of highly classified material is very serious in my book. Even if it caused the death of one of our soldiers, would be even one too many in my book. This crap about his confusion about being transgender caused him to do this..wtf??. This little prick got off too easy in my book. Instead he should be given a last meal..tonight and then meet the gallows.

:025:

gunbunny76

:flamingdevil:

Agreed that he got off to lightly. He knew full on what would happen should he leak intel documents. You don't leak 700,000 pages of intel and call yourself a whistleblower, then claim after the fact you didn't realize what you were doing. If there were issues he should have followed proper chain of command.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Red line no more,he will be out in 10 years I bet.

Yeah as a woman..check out the latest news and guess who's going to pay for his/her treatments. This is just too freakin' weird.

FORT MEADE, Md. — Bradley Manning wants to live as a woman named Chelsea and begin hormone treatment as soon as possible, the soldier said a day after being sentenced to 35 years in prison for sending government secrets to WikiLeaks.

Manning announced the decision Thursday in a statement provided to NBC's "Today" show, asking supporters to refer to him by his new name and the feminine pronoun. The statement was signed "Chelsea E. Manning."

"As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible," the statement read.

:wtf:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I about got the shits when they said he requested tits. :rofl: And they showed previous pics of him in a blond wig wearing make up. And he wants to go by Chelsea !!! I have a feeling Leavenworth will have a new BITCH !!! He's going to be living to be living high on the hog getting all the sausage he can handle. That's not going to be punishment. They need to put it's ass in a dungeon all by it's self and just drop it's food through a grate in the floor.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
NO! You're going to jail. As a man. No special treatment. Deal with it.

If and when you get out, then you can address your urges with your own money.

I agree, but you know he'll be alot more BITCH than he is now when he comes out. Even without treatments.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I don't know what info this guy released and how it affected government operations. For those who know, would you classify him and Snowden alike? Or was the info Snowden released different then what this guy did?

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I don't know what info this guy released and how it affected government operations. For those who know, would you classify him and Snowden alike? Or was the info Snowden released different then what this guy did?

I have a feeling this guy or girl... whatever it is, leaked alot more secure info than what Snowden did. If I understand right, Snowden is pretty much just a whistle blower thinking he's doing good for the American public, and he might be. :shrug: I think Manning leaked some military secrets that really needed to be kept quiet. Snowden telling the American people that their own government is spying on them isn't near as bad.

I figured we'd never know the real truth on either case being that the gubment would have spill and share the info but would want to protect all the info they could.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Agreed, Manning seems to have more issues than just the leaks. He gave up information that probably should have been secret, not sure what his motivation was.

Snowden, I think, did the right thing with the info he had. Whether or not it is legal, or what ramifications he should receive. But Snowden seems like he did it for a good cause and had good intentions.

Manning should be hanged. Maybe Snowden will be too, but I will salute him as he walks the gallow.

Members online

No members online now.