New gun question

STF

Full Access Member
The test fire brass that comes with your new gun.

Do you keep it or get rid of it? and why?

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
The test fire brass that comes with your new gun.

Do you keep it or get rid of it? and why?

I keep mine with the paperwork for each gun. Reason.... none, the company's send you them so you know that the gun is functional.....Concealed 27

STF

Full Access Member
OK. so no one here really thinks it's important to keep it with the gun. I'll toss them.

Cerisecons

I was under the impression that those 2 shots were for the feds to have a record of the bullet in case of a shooting / murder so they could easily track the gun, at least to the original purchaser...
And that they were left for you so you knew of the recorded shots...

Sent from a Moto RAZR

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I was under the impression that those 2 shots were for the feds to have a record of the bullet in case of a shooting / murder so they could easily track the gun, at least to the original purchaser...

Sent from a Moto RAZR

Wouldn't matter if it was a smart criminal. You can easily change the firing pin and it will leave a different strike mark on the case. I can do it on a Glock in about 15 minut.......Concealed 27

Cerisecons

As you can change the barrel as well, my thought goes out the door too... .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Same as Concealed 27.........I usually just keep the spent casing in the envelope with the supplied paperwork/manuals.

Arckadian

I still have the shell that came with my XDS, but that is also the first firearm I bought from a dealer and not from a family member. I think I am keeping it because of that reason.

cce1302

Full Access Member

Sent from a Moto RAZR

It's not for the feds. Some states have a "ballistic fingerprint database" and require a spent case from every new firearm sold to be submitted.

Members online

No members online now.