need help with choice of 1911

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
OK, I'm a Glock guy but really want a starter 1911. Since I don't know a hole lot about them I thought I'd ask you guys... I was looking at a Rock Island, I just don't know what to look for in the pistol. Thanks 1911 guys, I would appreciate any links to certain guns....... Concealed 27:Big Laugh:

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Your budget will be a huge factor. 1911's can cost very little for the import garbage to many thousands for the custom rigs. Currently my only 1911 is a Sig Match Elite. I paid $900 to my door. It is a lot of 1911 for the money. It has been flawless through about 3k rounds so far. They are worth a look.

What size do you want? Full 5" Government? Officer's? Compact?

kwo51

Full Access Member
Also what do you intend to use it for. CCW or target.My CCW is commander size wife's is officers size. Double stack or not lots more pondering to be done.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Also what do you intend to use it for. CCW or target.My CCW is commander size wife's is officers size. Double stack or not lots more pondering to be done.

I plan to carry and shoot my price range is gonna be between 600-800 I like the the commander size u got bad ass gun. Its not gonna happen for awhile, I was gonna build another AR but I've always wanted Colt 1911 M1A1.....but they are not cheap. I may just save some more and get it one. I would carry it a little and shoot it, but I think I would be better off with a a gun that dosnt go for $1400 , can still get a decent gun I think in my current price range. I have to change heath ins, my Dr is not accepting my current carrier..
What pain in the ass so i will do some looking at 1911. I appreciate the other member letting me know what's good....... Concealed 27

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Metro Arms... hands down. Kimber or high end Springfield quality, at half the price. They're a young company trying to get their name out there.

I've got one model in stock, with 2 more on the way... if you want some pics.

American Classic Line | Metro Arms Corporation

Thanks for the heads up, that gun comes with alot of extras and i think the price is amazing...... gonna try and find one I would love to hold it, I can order one online but not into buying a gun w/o holding it, but if i do we will do business bia....Concealed 27

:drool:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Look at used guns also. Tampa ,St Pete has lots of guns stores and pawn shops were you might pick up a real good one for you price.Looks like there are a number of Philippine and South Korean company's making quality guns and getting them here.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Do some searching on line and get a list of guns you like that fit into your requirements and price range. Then go to your lgs and handle and shoot as many as possible.

I still say sig but depending on the model it's right at the top of your price range. That's a biased opinion though

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the heads up, that gun comes with alot of extras and i think the price is amazing...... gonna try and find one I would love to hold it, I can order one online but not into buying a gun w/o holding it, but if i do we will do business bia....Concealed 27

:drool:

You'll be sold when you get hands on. We are REALLY impressed with them. Hell, we even used one to build a race gun.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Look at used guns also. Tampa ,St Pete has lots of guns stores and pawn shops were you might pick up a real good one for you price.Looks like there are a number of Philippine and South Korean company's making quality guns and getting them here.

Yeah I have seen them in a buddy's shop....it was from phillipines and went for like 475

JuggNuttz

ill chime in and say the Remington R1. i just picked one up a few weeks ago, got a good deal at Cabela's with 10% off and a $100 MIR (or 200rnds ammo, but since im Illinois they cant mail it, so i get a check instead). its a no frills 1911, but just a good smooth shooter. ive only shot it once, but felt good.

its also what a friend of our has and loves, said its one of his better shooters, and he has quite a collection, including a SIG 210...

apovk.jpg

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I have a Ruger SR 1911 Commander that I love. Has been 100% reliable, handles like a dream and very accurate. I've seen them for $650 lately, a steal.
865aa334f1e3414f9d252bc92f91647e.jpg
2d71f15dbe1a27b8c8373f03a6fc40eb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

doublestack

Been in the market for a 1911 myself. Got blasted for wanting a Remington R1....never a reason as to why though...? A coworker who is a lifelong hunter and gun enthusiast called a buddy who is a armorer/gunsmith and he recommended the Springfield 1911 Range Officer as the best bang for the buck. Comes w/ target sites so that would not be ideal for CC. Would prolly change to Novack sites.
Springfield .45ACP Range OFC 5-inch 7rd Blue Online Gun Store
https://youtu.be/-V2eFMBe1P0

I like the Colt 70 series as well, but start out at about $1k

Members online

No members online now.