Need your help with gunsmithing!

SydB

Ok, so I'm new to this forum and new to weapons in general. I'm working on a game which will future gunsmithing; making different guns from scratch and such. I have a few questions as google isn't very helpful. I am coding gun parts and need an idea of which parts are universal and things like that.
A list of the wepons I will use would be:
Kalashnikov AK-47
Chang Feng CF-05
Colt M1911
IMI Desert Eagle
DV-2 Survival Knife
Nexter FA-MAS
H&K G3
H&K G36C
Glock 20
Flare
Flashbang
Frag
Smoke
KA-BAR
Benelli M3
Colt M4A1
Beretta M9 (Silenced, Unsilenced)
Springfield M14
Colt M16A2
Remington M24
Auto Ordnance M60
M79 Grenade Launcher
Barret M82
FN M249 SAW
Ingram Mac 11
Machete
H&K Mp5
Ots 33
Remington 870
Sako 92
Sig Sg550
Colt SR 25
Sterling (Silenced, Unsilenced)
H&K M51
I know it's a lot to ask, but could you guys please give me a list of detachable parts for some of these weapons? What are the main parts and which of them are universal and could be used to more than one gun? Every bit of help will be most appreciated!

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
If I understand your question correctly then the short answer would be "none". Each manufacturer will have machined their parts only for their weapon. For instance, an AR15 magazine is not going to fit into an AK47 (never mind the caliber difference). But even a Glock 9mm mag won't fit a Beretta 9mm etc. Now there are some mags that will interchange within the same manufacturer. A Glock 21 mag will fit a Glock 30 for instance. They're both .45's.

About the only interchanging you be able to do across makers are a suppressor as long as the barrel is threaded the same. And some picatinny rail accessories etc. If I totally went in the wrong direction with your question please clarify.

SydB

If I understand your question correctly then the short answer would be "none". Each manufacturer will have machined their parts only for their weapon. For instance, an AR15 magazine is not going to fit into an AK47 (never mind the caliber difference). But even a Glock 9mm mag won't fit a Beretta 9mm etc. Now there are some mags that will interchange within the same manufacturer. A Glock 21 mag will fit a Glock 30 for instance. They're both .45's.

About the only interchanging you be able to do across makers are a suppressor as long as the barrel is threaded the same. And some picatinny rail accessories etc. If I totally went in the wrong direction with your question please clarify.
The answer is perfect, unfortunately. It seems i have a lot of items to code *sighs*.

Max

Full Access Member
Maybe you could reduce the number of firearms you start with, to safe yourself some work, and add more as time goes by.
Because, apart from attachments, shared parts regarding guns don't go further than some carabines, for example, take Glock-Magazines, as Glocks are very common and well-made.

Your list also reads grenades.
If you decide to do seperate fragmentation and general hand grenades they could share the explosive.
But that's about it.

Have a look at big firearm-families (Glock-Pistols, H&K G36, Mossberg 500/590, Colt 1911, for example), those share some parts and, although not that different from one another, would match your needs.

The last resort would be to, as it is a game, use fictional (-ized) firearms.

Max

Arckadian

I have been making a game with weapons in it as well, I understand your pain. I have only a limited amount of weapons that I am adding to it, but as stated above, interchangeable parts is not really an option unless it is the same manufacturer and if its something simple like the magazine.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Nice to hear from ya circadian.... how's school and the family my friend? We've been keeping things in check here but it's good you made an appearance....lmao
Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.