Name this vehicle

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
I'll post some military vehicles from time to time...so give it your best shot. Here is the first one...good luck.

18kesh5ux3rywjpg.jpg

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I'd like to call it mine.

I've always loved the little Ferret recon vehicles. I've always thought it would be cool to have an early Mk1 with no turret and an open top.

That is definitely in the Ferret lineage, but the extension between the hull and turret is different.

Edit: I cheated and looked in my Encyclopedia of Modern Military Weapons
Looks to be the Daimler Ferret Mk 2/2, which was developed locally in the Far East (Thailand?) with the extension to give the commander improved all around vision

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
It looks sorta like a jagdpanther but the Jagdpanther had a fixed turret. I think that's a picture of a Panther without it's side armor in place.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Panzer V Panther

The official listing is a Panzerkampfwagen V Ausf G Panther which was found abandoned after the Battle of the Bulge due to lack of fuel.

Jo6pak earns a tank destroyer badge and a vhs copy of the Sound of Music.

:winner_first_h4h:

armoredman

Full Access Member
Panther G, with the chin guard armor on the main gun mantlet to protect against the shot trap of the original turret. Best medium tank of the war, adopted by the Spaniards as their medium tank after the war, IIRC.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
What kind of power plant was in them? VW

V-12 gasoline engine approx. 700hp.

Yes, the Panther was a very good tank after they fized the early issues with it. The Wermacht would have been better off building more Panthers and ignoring the Tiger and King Tiger. Saying it was the best medium tank is debatable. To an engineer, yes it was probably the most technically advanced tank, (if a bit too complicated) But IMO the T34 was a better tank in practice.

They were also used in limited numbers after WW2 by the French.
Who may have been quite surprised to see a tank with forward gears:jester:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts