Maine allows gun owners to carry concealed weapons without permit

priell3

Full Access Member
Maine will allow gun owners to carry concealed weapons without a permit, a practice called "constitutional carry" by Second Amendment advocates, under a bill signed into law on Wednesday by Republican Governor Paul LePage.

The measure will make Maine the fifth state to pass a law legalizing the carrying of a handgun, either openly or concealed, without the requirement of a government permit.

Maine joins Alaska, Arizona, Wyoming and Kansas in voting to allow the practice, according to National Rifle Association spokesman Lars Dalseide. Vermont has never required a permit. Arkansas and Montana also allow more limited forms of constitutional carry.

More than a dozen other states have considered similar legislation.

Maine allows gun owners to carry concealed weapons without permit | Reuters

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
As much as I applaud this, I still have a concern about idiots carrying guns. Never underestimate the stupidity and carelessness of an idiot. This is why we have so many safety devices in our lives. Safety sensors on garage door openers, switches on mowers so that you can't get off of or walk away from them without it shutting off etc. Our government is interfering with natural selection. This is one reason our country is heading the way it is. We protect our idiots.

Disclaimer: The above post is satirical in nature as far as you know.

kwo51

Full Access Member
If your going to be stupid you have to be tough. We allow 16 year olds to drive if they pass the test. Idiots come in all sizes, colors ,sexes and political party and most of them drive!

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
If your going to be stupid you have to be tough. We allow 16 year olds to drive if they pass the test. Idiots come in all sizes, colors ,sexes and political party and most of them drive!

See.....another example of safety devices. Seat belts, air bags and crumple zones. But I see your point.

How did we make it to where we are? When I was growing up we didn't have seat belts or air bags. Just a hard metal dash to stop our forward momentum. And nobody wore a helmet when bicycling. Lawn mowers once started ran until you pushed down on the little metal thingy grounding the plug out. We had lawn darts. Remember those? It's a wonder we're not extinct as a species.

kwo51

Full Access Member
What I hate the most is anti kickback device on my chain saw. I'm not opposed to safety rules and I don't jump out of perfectly good airplanes. OSHA has gone way over board.

TheOl55

Full Access Member
Just remember, every time they think they have idiot proofed a product, they build a better idiot.

Arckadian

If I remember right, when Arizona was considering the practice, many people thought that the idiots would come out of the wood work and there would be blood in the streets. What they found out was that once people could carry they actually went out and sought training so that they could be more effective with that fire arm. Granted there will be morons out there with guns, but more than that there will be many out there that will seek further training and I think that will be the better aspect to look at in the end. The more people that actually look for the training and get truly effective and good training will come to respect that weapon even more for what it can offer as far as protection and as use as a tool and not a weapon of murder.

kwo51

Full Access Member
We could have dueling stations . I like open carry because if the gun is seen by some moron even though concealed it may not cause concern.I would carry a larger gun always instead of a mouse in my pocket. Shorts and tee shirt and 1911.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
What they found out was that once people could carry they actually went out and sought training so that they could be more effective with that fire arm.......

That's Arizona. I live in North Carolina. The capitol of "Here, hold my beer, hey y'all.....watch this." Don't get me wrong, I want the government as much out of my life as I can get them. I'm all for a national concealed carry. A Constitutional carry. There was just something a little reassuring that those who carry concealed at least went through a proficiency class. Don't worry, if/when it happens, I'll get over it.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Most of them were carrying before it was legal,and know how. Kept a loaded shotgun next to the still for reveners. Now if you were from north california I would agree. Most of those people need a thumping.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts