I pick up a Gen4 G29 this week for my retirement

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Well, guys and gals I finally retired from my job at Boeing with 35 years on the job. I've being eyeing the G29 10mm for a while now so I figure that this is the time to get it.

A good friend in my church knew that I wanted it so he gave me $250 on it, I got the blue label discount for $509. I think that I did pretty good because all I needed was $259 out of pocket.

I will be going to the range tomorrow and I will let you guys know what I think.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
My buddy has one and I've shot it and you will love it big daddy.... easy to carry with the awesome 10mm rd. Very nice pick up my friend have fun shooting your new baby...
Concealed 27

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Thanks guy for all your comments, I am so glad I pick this puppy up Iwent to the range today and couldn't believe how good this sucker shoot. I will put up some pics soon when I can upload them. And yes I,ve already order some Underwood ammo it's on it's way.

This is so easy to carry it's awesome but I had to order anther shell for my Alien Gear holster so I can be more comfortable. Now I'm using my XDm .45 Blade-Tech holster which is okay but I want the right holster for the 29. I really can get use to not having to go in to work after working on a 9 to 5 job since I was twelve.

Thanks again guys I try to get those pics up tonight, the recoil with the 180gr Double Tap is not bad at all.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Okay, I went to the range with this sucker and man this is a sweet shooter.
15ft.

25ft. the first few shots at this distance was wild but I brought it back.

15ft 180gr Double Tap hp.

15ft one more.

I shot about 170 rounds including the hp.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Okay, I went to the range with this sucker and man this is a sweet shooter.
15ft.

25ft. the first few shots at this distance was wild but I brought it back.

15ft 180gr Double Tap hp.

15ft one more.

I shot about 170 rounds including the hp.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
If I may make a suggestion pick up a glock 20 mag for a backup mag, it's 5 more rds which is great imo .......
Concealed 27

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Funny, I have a question I order and now have but haven't open the package do i need this 22 or 23 lbs guide rod with the spring? I might be sending it back but if I can use it when shooting hot ammo like Underwood or DT ammo i will keep it, let me know whatyou guys think?

kwo51

Full Access Member
If you are going to shoot it alot the frame battering will be lessened by the stronger spring. If for carry you decide to carry Liberty ammo or one of the light super fast rounds just swap it out for the lighter one. I use shock buffers in my 1911's on the range but not for CCW.JMO

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
I'm going to just shoot the regular factory ammo in it but carry the Double Tap 180gr and I have some 150gr Underwood coming, I wasn't planning on shooting the hot stuff all the time but I may shoot it sometimes.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Any 180 grain or bigger in that little gun could use the heaver spring. I would try some of the 150 to see if it cycled well all the time. Time for a surprise is not when you life depends on it !

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Any 180 grain or bigger in that little gun could use the heaver spring. I would try some of the 150 to see if it cycled well all the time. Time for a surprise is not when you life depends on it !

Bullet weight has nothing to do with the spring/cycling. Powder charge is what you need to worry about.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Bullet weight has nothing to do with the spring/cycling. Powder charge is what you need to worry about.

Okay, so like the Underwood and Double Tap, I have some 150gr Underwood coming so I should be able to use the stock spring? Should I keep that Lone Wolf spring for kick and giggles?

Members online

No members online now.