Home Defense

Full Access Member
Before he passed, my Rott was awesome. He was the most intelligent animal I have ever been around and he was very protective of the people he cared about and I swear he had a sixth sense when it came to trouble. He kept my atv from being stolen, my neighbor's truck from being stolen, and my grandparents house from being broken into. He even broke up a fight at the neighbor's house.

My lab is a good dog and handy for retrieving birds but he is worthless for any kind of protection. The word stranger is just not in his vocabulary.

As for firearms, if you can hunker down somewhere with a shotgun, that is your best bet. With kids at the other end of the house, that isn't really an option for me. My nightstand gun is a GP 100 in 357 magnum. I shoot it better than any handgun I own. Also, I normally have my ccw, a full size M&P in 357 sig, either on me or next to me.

My Rott was the same way,He also passed.Best dog i ever had, 120 lbs. and 31" at the shoulder.Damn i miss that boy.

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 8

Arckadian

I has ...... cats...... Not exactly what I would call good pets to have for home defense but they can pee on the bad guys very effectively

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I has ...... cats...... Not exactly what I would call good pets to have for home defense but they can pee on the bad guys very effectively
I don't know.....I've seen a couple episodes of "My Cat From Hell". Them little critters can be mean when they want to be.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
regal20102.jpg

M&P.40

I have an Auto 5 Shotgun and an AK on call at the back of the house, an AK & 38 special upstairs, a M&P 40, Taurus 40 & Glock 9mm to guard the front door.

Arckadian

I have an Auto 5 Shotgun and an AK on call at the back of the house, an AK & 38 special upstairs, a M&P 40, Taurus 40 & Glock 9mm to guard the front door.

I would have to say that..... breaking into your house might hurt a bit ... o,O

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
What's everyones preferred choice for home defense?

If an intruder can make it past these two monkey's,

DSC00765.jpg

I've got the Benelli 12 gauge in Desert Camo that's in this pic on guard.

Barstow3.jpg

Dang tizzle I knew I knew the truck in the pic, then when I looked at username i put it together

I've got a few choices, but at my place I keep a Benelli Supernova Tactical 12 gauge with a Nordic Components mag tube extension, an El Zetta floodlight, and ghost ring sights at the ready to be racked when there's a bump in the night.

at my Girlfriend's place I keep a Kimber Custom Covert II .45 with CrimsonTrace Lasergrips at bedside. Its in a BioMetric safe programmed only to our fingerprints since she has a young daughter.

The rest of my guns stay locked up when not in use. The 500 is on my short list of options I may buy next.

Nice list of guns bo.

I'm looking to get a Kel-Tec KSG for tactical home defense. I like the idea of being able to switch magazine tubes for different ammo types depending on the background. For instance home defense rounds that have slug discs when there is an open background, or Buckshot when there is a wall behind the intruder that could have a family member in it.

KSG_3357web.jpg

ak 91 xlt

yeah if the intruder gets past the all my dogs most likly i will pull out the 12 gauge and the 1911, they sit next to each other in my room

Fred

Full Access Member
Scatter Gun...

Attachments

• 564048_482531968447112_152008043_n.jpg
    564048_482531968447112_152008043_n.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 14

Members online

No members online now.