Gun control groups accused of ‘swatting’ open-carry permit holders

priell3

Full Access Member
Gun control groups accused of ‘swatting’ open-carry permit holders, putting lives at risk

Second Amendment groups are accusing the gun control lobby of putting law-abiding owners of firearms in danger by urging people to call the police on anyone carrying a gun in public.

As more states relax rules about open-carrying of guns, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence has taken to social media to urge the public to assume gun-toters are trouble, and to call the cops on anyone they feel may be a threat.

“If you see someone carrying a firearm in public—openly or concealed—and have ANY doubts about their intent, call 911 immediately and ask police to come to the scene,” the group wrote on its widely followed Facebook page. “Never put your safety, or the safety of your loved ones, at the mercy of weak gun laws that arm individuals in public with little or no criminal and/or mental health screening.”

Gun control groups accused of

kwo51

Full Access Member
Press charges against them for misuse of the 911 system. After a few cries for wolf the cops will start checking callers. Very much like false fire alarm calls will get you a fine here.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
If I see someone open carrying a handgun in public, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But if some asshat is walking the street with an AK or AR, you can bet that I'll be making a call to the cops to at least check him out.

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
Press charges against them for misuse of the 911 system. After a few cries for wolf the cops will start checking callers. Very much like false fire alarm calls will get you a fine here.

Better still - they should be charged with Conspiracy Against Rights under US Code Title 18 Chapter 13 Section 241.

To wit:

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 696; Pub. L. 90–284, title I, § 103(a), Apr. 11, 1968, 82 Stat. 75; Pub. L. 100–690, title VII, § 7018(a), (b)(1), Nov. 18, 1988, 102 Stat. 4396; Pub. L. 103–322, title VI, § 60006(a), title XXXII, §§ 320103(a), 320201(a), title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 1970, 2109, 2113, 2147; Pub. L. 104–294, title VI, §§ 604(b)(14)(A), 607(a), Oct. 11, 1996, 110 Stat. 3507, 3511.)

I'll take "DEATH TO LIBTARDS" for a thousand, Alex! :signs6:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
As an experiment, I'd like to put all the progressive liberals on an island somewhere. Then go back in 10 years and see what kind of utopia they've created. My guess is they'd all be dead. Too many easily offended people and nobody to do any real work. Plus no guns for defense or to hunt they'd all starve unless they all became vegetarians but then who would do the farming to raise the veggie's.

Members online

No members online now.