Good week

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Complete AR chambered in 7.62x39, spikes lower, psa lower build kit and some spare mags

20130215_125648.jpg

oppo

Full Access Member
Congrats, I can't wait till I actually get to put mine together and shoot it.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Where'd you find the 7.62x39?

I actually found it on a local site and the guy wanted too much. I sent the guy a email asking about a possible trade and he seemed interested so it went from there. I lost the saiga 12 to get it but thats ok by me. The saiga was fun but I'm more comfortable with a AR. I thought about selling the upper and building one to my liking but now I think I'll keep this one. I ordered a set of magpul moe handguards and I plan to order a flash hider for it. It has a little recoil but it shoots decent. No feeding issues which the 7.62x39 AR's are known for. I had to put a stronger hammer spring in for the cheaper ammo and it still doesnt hit a few primers quite hard enough so I'm going to upgrade the bolt and firing pin and it should run awesome.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Thanks for all the kind responses guys.

Yeah the mags are a bit different but kinda cool. I should have a few more in a few weeks

If you see a guy at the range in flip flops and a light coat of sun tan oil that'd be me :roflbow:

tacticold

Full Access Member
I've got pieces and parts of two builds coming at random intervals now. I'm financially out of the ordering business for a while. Have enough parts coming to build one complete rifle and all but an upper on the other. What goes where will probably depend on what gets here first....lol.

I have one complete RRA lower and am waiting on a 14.5" PSA upper. Then I need the BCG to come, and it's not even finished yet, so that'll probably be another two weeks. I have all FDE Magpul furniture en route, along with a Badger Ordnance universal charging handle. Also have a SouthernGunsLLC lower and buffer kit on the way, have the LPK here already for that, so I'll have two complete lowers. Am on the waiting list for a Shadow Ops stripped lower with the custom logo deal, but no guarantees on that. I just ordered 1000 rounds of .223, bought a .40 Springfield XD sub-compact today, and bought my son a .22. I should never have gone to the gun store today....lol. Luckily I found 250 rounds of .22lr I've had forever. Also found my old 10/22 25-shot mag, so I was happy about that. I was just digging through crap in the shed....lol. Also have, theoretically, 6 30-round mags coming, 3 Pmags and 3 Troy Battlemags. I might end up in back order purgatory with some of those, though.

Soo....I need another upper, but thanks to buying a pistol and rifle today, I can no longer afford it. That's going to have to wait. One of these days I want to top at least one of the rifles with an Aimpoint PRO, too.

At this point I think the only thing I might still order would be more mags if it was non-panic prices. I don't shoot a huge amount at these prices, so 1000 rounds will last quite a while unless SHTF.

Bluez

Full Access Member
That is pretty cool. I've been thinking about a COMBLOC chambered AR for some time too. even bought 2 cases of 5.45mm before i even got the upper :D

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I've been looking real hard at 5.45 uppers but have too much other stuff going on right now. I need to finish the two I'm currently working on before starting another. Is it wrong that I want a AR chambered in every caliber? :crazy:

Bluez

Full Access Member
I've been looking real hard at 5.45 uppers but have too much other stuff going on right now. I need to finish the two I'm currently working on before starting another. Is it wrong that I want a AR chambered in every caliber? :crazy:

I know what you mean... I been looking at a 50 Beowulf thats FS locally for a price that includes 120 rds 350 projectiles 50 new cases and reloading dies :)

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
A good friend of mine bought a 50 beowulf a few months back with lot's of ammo and still hasn't shot it yet. I'll have to drag his ass to the range sometime soon and make him bring it

Bluez

Full Access Member
Those are some serious bullets! about half the energy of 50 BMG which is something out of an AR!
Creates tactical problems on a different level for any opponents.

But havent decided to pull the trigger yet since i just bought the SR556 CLA and am also looking for a 5.45mm upper.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Saw a handful of spikes 5.45 uppers on gunbroker the other day. They were in the $800-900 range but supposedly spikes makes one of the better ones that's built to deal with the corrosive ammo. I thought the price was fair considering it came complete with a NiB bcg and a $300 plus barrel

Bluez

Full Access Member
Pls Pm me a link if you see them.

I saw a Adams arms piston FS the other day but someone else got it.

I figure a piston gun is going to be a good fit with that ammo also.

Members online

No members online now.