Gear - CHEAP CHEAP Ear Protection

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
In case anyone is interested, or have a Harbor Freight nearby, you might want to pick up 4 or 5 pairs of these.

I've bought 2 of these, then after trying them out, got 4 more when they went on sale again for this price. I keep a box for my going to my dads to shoot out at the property. In that box I keep these cheap ear muffs, and even cheap $1.99 safety glasses. It's not what I use when shooting, but it's what I keep around handy for when friends want to tag along or son wants to take a couple buds with us. Then they've got protection too, even if they're just watching.

At this price, if it get's lost, broken, stepped on, ran over, whatever the case may be, then no need to get upset. What I like most, is because they're not of best quality, they work well to quiet the blast and protect your ears from ringing, but yet, they don't work so well you can't hear someone talking. Oh, and they keep your ears warm in the winter too. So if you can handle the fact they're cheap shit and made in China but functional, give them a try.

So here's a coupon, print it off and get you a few pair for your secondary gear bag.

http://widgets.harborfreight.com/ws...tml&cust=99999999999&keycode=1002&single=true

13.jpg

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
But be sure to disarm before walking in as both stores around here are posted. I was told it's company policy.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
But be sure to disarm before walking in as both stores around here are posted. I was told it's company policy.

Oh really? I've never noticed that here. What pisses me off here, 7-11's. They leave it up to the store manager. So 3 or 4 7-11's you can carry, then 1 or 2 you might not, so you have to walk to the door first. I won't say what I do. But anyway.... :flipthebird:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Not sure if the "bird" was directed at me or not, but I wasn't trying to be an ass. I understand that not everyone CC's everyday, and that is a good deal on cheap hearing protection for spur of the moment uses, but I've stopped spending money at places that infringe on my rights. I'm just saying..............

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Nawww, the Bird was directed at 7-11 for being idiots.

I'm just not saying what I do, just INCASE I might be incriminating myself. Know whutta mean?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I use redundant hearing protection. You can also get some of these foam earplugs. Roll them up and insert into ears and then wear the ear muffs. I do this for shooting as well as yard work when using the blower or weed eater.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I've used these for years and they work fine for shooting. I actually like them better than the more expensive ones. Reason being, you can go shooting and just leave them on and still hear people talk. They deaden the sound enough to protect your ears, but not so much you have to keep pulling a cup off your ear to hear someone speak to you, or take them off an on when you take your turn to shoot. Just put them on and leave them on. At this price, lose a pair, run over a pair, step on a pair, no loss. I've got about 5 pair that I carry in my shooting box cuz you never know who might show up. I intend on getting a couple more next time I get to HF if I remember the Super Coupon to go with me. They'd be good for running power tools too. Cheap but effective.

Members online

No members online now.