Florence is heading this way

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I live North of Raleigh in NC. Looks like the storm track will bring Florence to my neighborhood. Probably not as a full blown hurricane but still dangerous with winds and rain. Going to be an interesting end of the week. According to this forecaster, we are going to get hosed.
index.php

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
She's actually going to stay South of us. I'm up near the Virginia border. The original forecast had her hitting Wilmington and then going North up through Raleigh. But now they are saying she's still going to hit Wilmington area and then head for South Carolina. We will still probably get some rain and wind gusts. But that should be it if it holds course.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Well, we came through the hurricane unscathed. It stayed well South of us. We did get some of the outer bands which dropped a considerable amount of rain on us. We did get some flooding in areas and some road damage because of it. We had a few gusty winds and a couple downed trees in the area.

All we got here on the homestead was a few branches knocked out of some trees. Our gravel driveway developed some ruts due to running water. I did mention we got a LOT of rain. Our house is set up on a hill so I was never concerned about being flooded here. All the rain we got is now on it's way to the coast making their situation much worse. They are seeing some of the highest flood stages in history. Some rivers aren't suppose to crest until Friday.

Both I-95 (the major North/South corridor on the East coast) is shut down due to flooding. There is also a section of I-40 near Wilmington, NC that is still closed from flooding. The last hurricane that came through (Matthew) was said to create a 500 year flood. So it's not suppose to flood like that again for another 500 years. Hurricane Florence didn't get that memo and did it again after only two years and worse than the last one.

Picture of a house in Bladen county NC.
41983112_10156276292820804_4384602730891575296_n.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
That sucks for everyone getting flooded but glad you came out ok.

Yes, absolutely correct about the impact it had on the East coast. It is really devastating and will take a long time and lots of money to get things back to normal. In many areas they haven't recovered from Matthew from two years ago.

And yes, we were blessed to come through it as well as we did.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts