First Glock!

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
Trigger is SOOO much nicer now! the move from 1>2 is smoother, and the pull once you get to position 2 is not only lighter, it's smoother. Can't wait to get it to the range

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Second shot placement should be much better then stock.. its always better to test with stock then again with after market so you can see how much effect the change made.

79k10

im looking at getting a used glock 22 3rd gen for $399, is that a pretty good deal? (i think its a police trade in.)

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
Second shot placement should be much better then stock.. its always better to test with stock then again with after market so you can see how much effect the change made.

I did a drt fire régimen this way. Love the new connector

im looking at getting a used glock 22 3rd gen for $399, is that a pretty good deal? (i think its a police trade in.)

Its an ok deal but id buy a new one for 100$ more imo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

hotrodpc

Super Moderator

My honest opinion, I'd pass. Most USED Glock 22's are Police trade ins. Those guys are REQUIRED to practice and train. Those guns have probably been heavily used. Depending on the department, usally 4-6 years is service life of a duty weapon. I'd say it's well used and for $150 more, you can have brand new, I'd go for the additional $150 which is a little more than the cost of a new barrel. :shrug: JMO

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
My honest opinion, I'd pass. Most USED Glock 22's are Police trade ins. Those guys are REQUIRED to practice and train. Those guns have probably been heavily used. Depending on the department, usally 4-6 years is service life of a duty weapon. I'd say it's well used and for $150 more, you can have brand new, I'd go for the additional $150 which is a little more than the cost of a new barrel. :shrug: JMO

My Model 20 is from the 80's and has over 40k rounds logged. Still looks like new. If it is well cared for there is no reason to spend more for a new one. Break it down and see what it looks like inside.

Old School

It is my understanding that Glock will for the cost of shipping forward and return, look at any Glock and repair or replace as needed any parts found defective.

My old department qualified twice a year and when we upgraded from G-19 to G-23 then to G-21SF our guns had less than 5 years on them and had been inspected by our range master after each qualification so they may have been in better shape than most.

When the old ones were traded in on the new ones we purchased them from the Glock Distributer for $300 which included 3 high cap mags.

That may give you an insight into the value placed on them as pre-owned.

I bought my G-19, G-23 and was given the G-21 upon retirement. I was the only shooter of all three so I knew who,what,when and where on all of them.

If I was buying my first Glock and was considering a pre-owned one and didnot know the owner personally and did not have mechanical knowledge of the weapon in question and could not see it in person first I would go the extra money and buy a new one.

OS

kwo51

Full Access Member
Now throw it on the ground, pound it with a hammer,fill it with mud don't clean it and it will look like ours.Just don't let the dog eat it.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Had a 1st generation with about 15,000 rds thru it. Sent it back to glock for upgrades, for free of course. They were so happy to see what that gun looked like..... But I really do not know what happened to it... Getting old sucks

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
i just ordered a glock 22 police trade in $329 steal right? it would have also come with 2 15 round mags but i live in commifornia so i ordered 2 10 rounders... shipped to my ffl 399 out the door. im guessing a new spring will be needed? any thoughts? this is my first handgun

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=UG-GLOCK22G3

Any thoughts? Order lots of .40S&W !!! I'd get the 3.5 Trigger bar, and a Tactical Spring Kit, not the competition spring kit. If you're carrying, you don't want the trigger so light you have an accident. A polished 3.5 trigger bar, and actually you should really only need to replace 1 spring, not all 3 since you're not going competition with it.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Just run some thru it and see what's up.

Good idea, being a cops gun, it may have been worked over already. Then again, worked over or not, it might be time for some freshening up if whoever you bought it from didn't already.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Any thoughts? Order lots of .40S&W !!! I'd get the 3.5 Trigger bar, and a Tactical Spring Kit, not the competition spring kit. If you're carrying, you don't want the trigger so light you have an accident. A polished 3.5 trigger bar, and actually you should really only need to replace 1 spring, not all 3 since you're not going competition with it.

No need for a new triggar bar, Glocks have an short reset.... Do what you want but be carefull...........G19
:badidea:

Members online

No members online now.