1911's... Let's see em...

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
2012-06-28_17-21-00_693.jpg

Wilson on top (not mine)
My ria tactical on bottom with vz grips

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

19delta

I was told by another member here to start out with a RIA 1911. It's a good gun for the money

I just purchased one posted a photo here in the thread paid 525 with tax and went to the range with it the next day after cleaning it up really good and worked well no real problems aside from normal break in stuff 150 rounds cleared up all problems with it and I can say I am a happy owner of a rock island some of the research I did their customer service is top notch and in NV

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Some of you guys have some beautiful 1911's. My list keeps getting longer lol. I hate and love this place at the same time :evillol:

Txhillbilly

Full Access Member
A friend of mine has a couple Ed Brown customs,a Wilson,and a Les Baer 1911.I love the way each of them shoot.
I have just never wanted to spend that much on a pistol.The only 1911's that I still have are my wide body's (Double stack mags).
A Springfield G.I. model that has a bunch of work done by G Square custom guns,and a Para Ordnance Tac Four.

004-15.jpg

Davy120

new to forums, over from RF, but i just turned 21 and am looking for a 1911 thats not gonna break my budget, keep in mind i have a kid on the way, i was looking at the RIA and from what i can tell its nice hangun, any thoughts?

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
Davy, I've had two and I personally think they are the PERFECT starter 1911. I put an idiot scratch in my para-ordnance since I had no idea wtf I was doing. I've had two, and just sold my second one tonight. Won't own another since I'm thinning the herd, but never had a single issue.

blockdoc

Full Access Member
I absolutely love my Para P12. Not a fan of LDA, but I don't care much for double action in general.

The P12 fits my large hands very well.

grillzilla

Here are two of my 1911s . They are a 5" hertiage and a3.5 " eco both in the .45 flavor of calibers.

Attachments

• .45pic.jpg
    .45pic.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 30

KKing

Full Access Member
I never show everything off let alone leaving a record of saying what I own on the internet ;)

You do know I'm just right down the road in Maury county right? A tour of your collection can be your :signs131: present to me, I'll accept nothing less :drool2:

A 1911 will be my next pistol for sure, considering a Remington R1. Thoughts?

tacticold

Full Access Member
Good pistol for the price. Personally I'd pay $150 or so more and get a Sig 1911. I'm a bit biased now, though, with one already. I have had zero issues and it's both tight and smooth. I'm honestly blown away with the fit and finish of my pistol, which was less than both of my Kimbers and it functioned better out of the box and felt less "sticky"....no FTF's or jams of any sort running ball and 230 grain hollow points, either.

Having said all of that, I think the R1 is a good value and I'd buy it over most, if not all, similar price point 1911's.

KKing

Full Access Member
Good pistol for the price. Personally I'd pay $150 or so more and get a Sig 1911. I'm a bit biased now, though, with one already. I have had zero issues and it's both tight and smooth. I'm honestly blown away with the fit and finish of my pistol, which was less than both of my Kimbers and it functioned better out of the box and felt less "sticky"....no FTF's or jams of any sort running ball and 230 grain hollow points, either.

Having said all of that, I think the R1 is a good value and I'd buy it over most, if not all, similar price point 1911's.

Thanks man. Honestly what kinda sold me on it is the price point. A 1911 will be my next pistol no doubt though, just deciding what brand/options

tacticold

Full Access Member
I'd also check the Para Ordnance guns. They've been in the 1911 biz for a long time and they start relatively cheap.

Sent by my communicator

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Pic of my new SR1911 beside the wifes new M&P 15-22, was a good gun filled Christmas. Have not gotten a chance to shoot the 1911 but some ammo is on the way.

photobucket-18108-1357914687232.jpg

DrkSide

Full Access Member
After my AR build is done that will be my next purchase. I have wanted one since they were available but the LGS has not had one since then.

Members online

No members online now.