Winchester Black Talon .40 S&W

Humvee21

Full Access Member
Re: Winchester Black Talon .40 S&W

I've seen those test results view too, but in reality how many people are wearing four layers of WET denim? Or they were wet in the ones I saw. But the question still stands wet or dry.
I wonder how they came up with the wet and dry denim thing.. anyone???

The ones I saw were dry. I think they are accounting for almost "worst case scenario" type situations where the assaulter is wearing thick/heavy clothing.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
I've seen those test results view too, but in reality how many people are wearing four layers of WET denim? Or they were wet in the ones I saw. But the question still stands wet or dry.
I wonder how they came up with the wet and dry denim thing.. anyone???

The ones I saw were dry. I think they are accounting for almost "worst case scenario" type situations where the assaulter is wearing thick/heavy clothing.

This is basically it. If your shooting thru a cotton t-shirt, you'll have no problem. But it's there to replicate shooting thru thick clothing, like say winter jackets, jean jackets, leather jackets, etc. Basically they use that to see if you need to shoot thru a thick material, if it will keep the hollow point from expanding, which several do.

Trixxterr

Ahh, don't know why I didn't think of the coats, jackets stuff. I suppose living in central Texas, its really a non issue.. LOL.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
In the 4 layer denim test, PDX1, SXT, and Black Talon have clogged many times. I'm just saying. Agreed.. to each his own. My personal preference is federal HST. I have seen the cavity plug up many times and the bullet still has no problem expanding. Sure, it hinders the expansion a little bit, but I will sacrifice a little bit of expansion for the assurance that it will not clog.

Wish I could find HSTs right now but I did run into a box of 50 Federal Tactical for Leos hydro-shocks 9MM P+P for $28.00

Maxx2893

Full Access Member

Ahh, don't know why I didn't think of the coats, jackets stuff. I suppose living in central Texas, its really a non issue.. LOL.

Yeah we don't have to deal with jackets except for 1 week of the year, lol. But up north it's a different story.

Humvee21

Full Access Member

Wish I could find HSTs right now but I did run into a box of 50 Federal Tactical for Leos hydro-shocks 9MM P+P for $28.00

I've got 2 boxes right now and I am not wasting a single shot. This round is super hard to find. I've done my homework and found that this is the absolute best round for me.

Humvee21

Full Access Member
PM me if you want a link to some Federal HST 9mm 124 gr. Relatively cheap and cheap shipping as well. It's in stock. But I am refraining from posting up because I don't want a feeding frenzy. This is also where I get mine.

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
The rounds were made in the early seventy's and worked so well they made them outlawed to anyone. Same old story did what they were made to do KILL.

cce1302

Full Access Member
The rounds were made in the early seventy's and worked so well they made them outlawed to anyone. Same old story did what they were made to do KILL.

Was that a factory load? I would like to see more info on that ammunition.

Link?

kwo51

Full Access Member
Don't have a time machine. Yes they were factory. I used them in 380 and they were called SuperVals. I have researched to no avail myself. They were hot.

Humvee21

Full Access Member

Was that a factory load? I would like to see more info on that ammunition.

Link?

It's an old breed. It developed into the SXT and then to the PDX1. You'll have a hard time finding anything about, I'd bet

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts