Who Likes 1911's

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I was never one to be taken in by a fad but recently I've seen some Ultra Compact 1911's that really catch my eye. Don't have one yet but it might be on my wish list. This one is singing to me.
pix399543463.jpg

cce1302

Full Access Member
I think 1911s have outlasted the "fad" stage by now.

there's a 5" Ruger on my short list of guns to buy.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I think 1911s have outlasted the "fad" stage by now.

Agreed.

I had enough $$$$ saved up months ago to get the S&W "E" Series, but opted to build my AR instead during the panic. Now that I have the AR, I wish I would have went with the pistol instead.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Maybe fad was a bad term. I guess their appeal has never diminished. I've just finally crawled out from under my rock (dragging my knuckles) and discovered them. Now that the gun has captured my interest, I may have to add one to my collection.

I wish Ruger made a Ultra Compact like Springfield and Kimber do. I want the compact size and the extra capacity. They both hold 10 rounds.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
...it's not you it's me...

I may be burned at the stake for heresy, but I've never been a huge fan of 1911s. Yes, they are great pistols, the .45ACP is a good cartridge, legendary designer... yada, yada. There is no need to try and convince me that it is one of the best handgun designs of the 20th century and beyond. I agree.

That being said, I just don't mesh with the pistol very well. And not for lack of trying, I have owned 3. (A Norinco 1911A1, A Colt 1911A1 Commander and a Colt 1991 Officer). But none of them really tripped my trigger (pun intended).
After years of thinking I "needed" one in the collection and trying to find one that worked for me, I finally realized that we just weren't meant to be.

If I'm going with a Browning design, it would be the P.35.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Metro Arms

heres one i have been looking at by a company in the Phillipines. nice price and good looking piece......

Attachments

• SPS.jpg
    SPS.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 9

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I may be burned at the stake for heresy, but I've never been a huge fan of 1911s. Yes, they are great pistols, the .45ACP is a good cartridge, legendary designer... yada, yada. There is no need to try and convince me that it is one of the best handgun designs of the 20th century and beyond. I agree.

That being said, I just don't mesh with the pistol very well. And not for lack of trying, I have owned 3. (A Norinco 1911A1, A Colt 1911A1 Commander and a Colt 1991 Officer). But none of them really tripped my trigger (pun intended).
After years of thinking I "needed" one in the collection and trying to find one that worked for me, I finally realized that we just weren't meant to be.

If I'm going with a Browning design, it would be the P.35.

I get that. I totally hate the Beretta 92. Lots of people love it, I went kicking and screaming when they took my 1911 away from me in the military. Not everyone has the same tastes, thank God, that lets the gun companies come up with something new all the time :D

kwo51

Full Access Member
Joe you have had all the little ones try a 5" might make a difference. Sig's feel real good in my hands.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
The Norinco was a full size 1911. The Commander was the better of the 3 but still didn't do it for me.
I've had trigger time with many different brands, sizes, calibers; and still enjoy shooting them from time to time.
She's just not the girl for me

kwo51

Full Access Member
My Kimber CDP is my favorite now but the 30 lines of checkering are to rough and will draw blood after 500 rounds. Les Baer or maybe sig nightmare for me next. My wheel guns are the best feeling but they will not fit the CCW role for me.

cce1302

Full Access Member
Finally got my 5" Ruger today. I've liked Rugers since I got a single six when I turned 7, so when Ruger announced theirs, I put it on my "Gonna buy" list.

Sorry no pic. It looks like all the others.

I plan to take it to the range next Saturday if it's warmer than 30.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Finally got my 5" Ruger today. I've liked Rugers since I got a single six when I turned 7, so when Ruger announced theirs, I put it on my "Gonna buy" list.

Sorry no pic. It looks like all the others.

I plan to take it to the range next Saturday if it's warmer than 30.

Congrats. Ruger makes a good gun (except that stinkin 22/45). Well, the 22/45 is a great gun but breakdown and cleaning can be a challenge.

Here's hoping that next Sat. is warmer than 30.

kwo51

Full Access Member
All 3 of my 1911s are fine guns. Because of value I don't abuse them. I abuse all my plastic guns lots.

cce1302

Full Access Member
Had it out to the range today finally! (SR1911 5")

Put about a hundred rounds through it. Had a little trouble cycling some light handloads (short stroking) but shot well (where I pointed it) and cycled fine with Hornady Custom 230 gr +p XTP that I will be carrying in it.

Members online

No members online now.