What targets do you use?

blockdoc

Full Access Member
I live in a rural area and have several places in my land to shoot. I usually set up some paper shoot-n-c targets stuck to cardboard on a folding target stand. Or I use a silhouette that is augmented with shoot n c stickers over the heart and center head.

The silhouette is from Trigger Happy Target company, like this one, that I picked up at a gun show.

http://triggerhappytarget.com/targeting-systems/

I have some plastic and metal spinners, and I bought a dueling tree to use for 22's last week before a friend came to visit. The stand for it broke before I could use it; I'm gonna email pics to the company tonight & hopefully they'll replace it.

I would to have several silhouettes to set up, as well as some reactive steel that I can set out.

What are you all using that has proven to be decent stuff?

Humvee21

Full Access Member
If I had land to shoot on, I'd shoot steel plates all day long. I really like the YouTuber Hickock45's set up

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
These

south_texas_whitetail_buck_deer_monster_real_or_fake.jpg

But seriously, paper plates, cheap paper targets, etc. Never bought any of the Shoot-N-See or fluorescent targets like that.

blockdoc

Full Access Member
Really what I'd like is some good steel.

I've bought a couple now that couldnt take the rounds they claimed they could.

My foam silhouette works well and has taken about 1000 rounds so far. Worth the money to not have to mess with cardboard, and does fine in rain, wind, etc.

I just stick the shoot n c's on the cardboard stand, and use plain marked paper for more precision shooting.

I've shot plenty of milk jugs, oil bottles, cans, etc.

I'd just like to set up some good steel targets - and wanted to see if anybody had any recs or experience with particular ones.

oppo

Full Access Member
Paper, spinner targets, cans, plastic bottles, empty shotgun shells, twigs, varmints, rotten fruit, insects...

armoredman

Full Access Member
Folding target stand,

foldingtargetstandopened.jpg

foldedtargetstand.jpg

...with either paper targets on wood,

JeanniewithP-012-1.jpg

...or 1/2 scale IDPA target known as Thugly on a tubing hanger,

Steeltarget300yards.jpg

all made by a good friend of mine, LAGS Custom Gunsmithing.

LAGSwith357Ruger.jpg

Last time I set up more than one stand, with Thugly in the middle at 25 yards on a prototype hanger, my old TargetMeister stand to the left, and another LAGS creation, the PVC stand to the right, (10 and 15 yards, respectively, IIRC), and the one to the far left...it ain't mine. ;)
viewdownrangeat7AM.jpg

ninja man

Full Access Member
I live in a rural area and have several places in my land to shoot. I usually set up some paper shoot-n-c targets stuck to cardboard on a folding target stand. Or I use a silhouette that is augmented with shoot n c stickers over the heart and center head.

The silhouette is from Trigger Happy Target company, like this one, that I picked up at a gun show.

I have some plastic and metal spinners, and I bought a dueling tree to use for 22's last week before a friend came to visit. The stand for it broke before I could use it; I'm gonna email pics to the company tonight & hopefully they'll replace it.

I would to have several silhouettes to set up, as well as some reactive steel that I can set out.

bambi, thumper, yogi, alvin, ...........

Concealed 27

Full Access Member

Where i shoot I get silhoette targets of any kind for 1 dollar each. There are about 10 to choose from. If you wanna print your own just google " free target downloads " and there are plenty of them. I have a whole folder of them for pistol If you want PM me and give me your email address and I will send to you

Smith

For Hand gun, Paper plates.........Anything else is actually locally bought targets or Printed targets.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
When I go to the range they make you buy their targets. When shooting at a friends I use anything from paper targets to cans to old casings/shotgun shells that we find and set up

Members online

No members online now.