What I awoke to this morning

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
And it's been snowing and sleeting on and off all day. Probably have about 2.5" currently. We're expecting more tomorrow as the low pressure system wraps around. Could get up to 6" by the time this is over. Yee-ha.

Zmh9tzH.jpg

3SFM4yP.jpg

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Son is in Vermont skiing and driving back to Florida Sunday he thinks. May have to follow a snow plow home.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I went out to test out removing some snow. The sleet put a coat of crusty stuff on top of the snow. Since we don't get very much snow all we have is a shovel and an electric snow blower neither of which would cut what we had.

So I go get my Bobcat skid steer and attach a box blade to it. I get the Bobcat into position and climb down to make the final connection. With the boots I had on I was a little unsteady and took one step backwards to catch myself. Right into one of the scarcifiers on the box blade with my calf. Thought it was just a scratch. Went and cleaned the drive and a few other outside chores.

Then I came in a took a look at my scratch. Garsh dang there's a hole in my leg. It opened me up clear to the muscle. I can stick my thumb in there. Filled the hole with Neosporin and put a gauze over it. I've had to change it a couple times. I want it to weep awhile and watch for any infection. Should be alright.

ARUH2dD.jpg

ViperJeff

Administrator
Nice to see I'm not the only one enjoying the Global Warming we hear so much about....

Welcome to the Party

priell3

Full Access Member
Then I came in a took a look at my scratch. Garsh dang there's a hole in my leg. It opened me up clear to the muscle. I can stick my thumb in there. Filled the hole with Neosporin and put a gauze over it. I've had to change it a couple times. I want it to weep awhile and watch for any infection. Should be alright.

How is the leg?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
How is the leg?

Doing ok thanks for asking. Still no pain. Still weeping a little but that's to be expected as deep as it was. Already been out and shoveled the sidewalk and thrown out some ice melt.

The really surprising thing about the whole ordeal is the severity of the injury which happened through a pair of jeans and thermals but didn't damage either of those. I don't get that.

My wife has convinced me to go see the doc on Monday and possibly get a tetanus shot. I think they're good for 15 years and my last one was probably 10 years ago so they may decline to give one. Got some other meds to get refilled anyhow so I'll try to get as many things accomplished as I can in one trip.

Arckadian

That is what I woke to this morning. . . . that and my knee is the size of a cantaloupe. My body REALLY doesn't like storms I guess or I twisted it last night shoveling out snow.

Members online

No members online now.