Walther PPK in time for SkyFall 007

Duncnstac

I've alway been a big 007 fan & even more so with Craig as new bond. Even though Bond has used numerus guns over the years the PPK has to be the gun most associated with him. They're very hard to come by here in California so when my favorite shop had one this week i had to pull the trigger. The P99 has also resently been in alot of 007 & other spy movies. Most of what i've collected as been influenced by TV & Film. This leave just the Beretta 92 & HK USP to go as far as pistols go!

mgentry

Full Access Member
The PPK was on my list of pistols to get . Luckily, I got a chance to shoot one before I bought one. I'm glad I did get to shoot it. I did not like it. Ended up with a Sig P238 and love it.

Saw "Skyfall" yesterday - the most notable thing about the Walther was that it kept running out of ammo and Bond had to change the mags as he was getting hosed. But putting that aside, "Skyfall" was a very good movie! It may be the first Bond movie I buy for my DVD collection.

Last edited:

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
All steel gun well made .I wonder why they did not make it in 9mm.

Because of the operating system. The PPK has a fixed barrel, so in order for it to function correctly in 9mm or better, it would need a much heavier slide (think hi point).

kwo51

Full Access Member
Had a Mauser HSC slam fire and blew of the slide. Traded it for a model 28 S/W.Took 20 years to get back to semi-autos.Still wear shooting gloves when doing range work.

Members online

No members online now.