Virginia Drops Reciprocity with 25 States

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Come Feb 1, 2016 Virginia is set to drop CHP reciprocity with 25 states. My state being one of them. And I live close to the Virginia border and have done business and shopping there.

How just two men can have that kind of power is beyond me. They are planning to go right around the Virginia government. But...I have heard the the legislators when they reconvene will have a bill to recognize all the other states CHP's. Of course the governor will veto it. Lets just hope they have the votes to force it down his throat.

If the CHP ban stands, I won't be going to Virginia again if I can help it.

Virginia Advice for Out-Of-State CHP Holders

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Now if I wanted to go through the trouble, I could get a Utah non resident CHP. That will still be accepted by Virginia. The really strange thing is The Gov and AG from Va. say that our CHP requirements aren't stringent enough. But NC's CHP is more involved than the Va. one. We have to go through an 8 hour classroom course and range time to show proficiency. They don't even do that. It's a bunch of Bloomberg influenced BS :poop:.

I ask this..... how many CHP holders have gone to Va. and committed crimes? I venture to say the number is real low. Like nada, zilch, none, big fat goose egg.

Many Va. residents are upset about this too. They're raising Cain and making noise about recalling the AG. Don't even know if that's possible but they're expressing their distain of this move. I said that they're keeping us from defending ourselves now. How long until the Gov and AG go after their citizens guns. They just keep chipping away.

Last edited:

oppo

Full Access Member
Exactly, their claim about other states not having tough enough qualifications is a bunch of BS. I have a non-resident Virginia CHL. I mailed off some papers and a photo and they mailed me back a license. That was it, cheap and easy.

Arckadian

I have the Utah CFP and I never had any intention of ever going to VA . . . but this just makes me less interested. I just shut the page down when I first saw this story on the net and shook my head. Stupid people in power making rules for us, but their armed security forces remain ARMED and all we have to depend on is that one of them does not go psycho.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Those 25 other states should resend there reciprocity with VA. Thar may get the rest of states attention . Time will tell ,I think it will not stand.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Looking for ostupid to do some gun control next. Maybe another Waco. Things are getting strange.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts