Unknown Pistol, who can help

Max

Full Access Member
Hello everyone
During clearing my grandfathers old flat I found a small pistol in the basement, but I have yet failed to identify it.
My father took it off me at first, and almost blew his head off (lucky for him that it's a gun for blanks).

I found a couple of guns on the internet, but they're always different in some details.
The closest one is the following (sorry that it's in german):
EM-GE Mod. 6

Problem is that my grandfather remembers buying a pistol, but he's sure that he sold it to a person twenty years ago (to a person that was dead at that time).

So all I know is this:
-Build for blanks (not converted)
-Caliber 6mm blank ammunition
-No moving parts on the outside except for trigger and safety
-Bought in the DDR (eastern germany)
-Made between 1940 and 1970
-Labeled with "Gerstenberger" and "EM-GE Mod. 6 Patent" (photos of that gun don't look like the one I found)
-Probably a license-build gun, as it was bought in eastern europe
-No magazine between the grips
-Entirely made of iron/steel

Problem is that I can't hand it to the police or to an armourer, as, in germany, that would be a crime because I don't own the gun legally (as I havn't bought it).

Now I want to know how the gun is supplied with ammunition, as I don't find the magazine (sounds strange), and I don't want to have a (muddy and dirty) gun loaded with blanks that are in the gun for at least thirty years, which the gun spent in a cold and wet basement.

So I'm thankful for all kinds of information.

Thanks,
Max

Attachments

• IMG_2845.jpg
    IMG_2845.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 20

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Take a look at this and see if it helps. It might give you some clues.
The video is really shaky so take some motion sickness medicine first.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la7ghnM_FfY]Alarm pistool. - YouTube[/ame]

Better video. Very similar to yours but with fancy brown grips.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLkklmv6eCQ[/ame]

Last edited:

Max

Full Access Member
Short update, in case anyone still cares.
I disassembled and cleaned the whole gun, but left the patina on, to keep the look.
I found some more fired rounds in my grandpas flat, however they got there, and now the gun, with the fired magazine beside it, is sitting in a display, doing nothing but catching dust and looking good.
I could get new ammo (6mm blanks) legally, as the ammo itself is sold freely.
But for now I don't plan to reactivate it, most of all as I'm living in a neighbourhood with many children, and I don't want scared parents to call the police.
And I can't sell the gun either, as it is so old that it lacks a certain marking, meaning I'm not allowed to own it, but neither am I allowed to sell it, hand it to the police or to throw it away, and the police won't pick it up at my place either.
So right now it is in said display with the magazine and the hammer removed, counting not as a gun but as a decorative article, hence being legal.

Max

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Good. Give it to the police is the last thing I'd do. Hope you enjoy keeping it for the sentimental reason alone. Something to remember your grandfather by.

Members online

No members online now.