Top Glock Models

kwo51

Full Access Member
It was about two years ago, and got it from a glock armor.Have no reason to doubt him, they really are just plastic and some metal.I still love them. My Keltecs are just as simple and better priced.I would not cry if the dog ate it. You are buying the name(glock), and it is a good one.I would beat the dog if he ate my 1911.My only hurt the stocks.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I do not doubt that they are way cheaper to make due to the polymer and so-called plastic....Maybe $60.00 for the receiver, but the slides a whole different story, its cut on a cnc machine to exact specs out of a block blank....JMHO Not saying that the armorer is wrong but think about all the parts involved...I know you are paying for a name, just as you do when u buy a Colt....Concealed27

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
It must be good plastic because it sure seems everyone else has gotten on board with the plastic. I doubted it at first too, but I'm converted. All my favorites are plastic with metal parts.

I know there are some strong plastics out there. Lexan for example can be bullet proof. Cars have had plastic intakes for years. Now that I still don't like for the fact of the heat.

kwo51

Full Access Member
The cost in Austria my be different also.I do know that the tenifer finish is not allowed to be applied here as per the epa. This may have changed.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
It must be good plastic because it sure seems everyone else has gotten on board with the plastic. I doubted it at first too, but I'm converted. All my favorites are plastic with metal parts.

I know there are some strong plastics out there. Lexan for example can be bullet proof. Cars have had plastic intakes for years. Now that I still don't like for the fact of the heat.

I had a Gen 1 block from early 90,s.... when they were first realeased in the good ol usa there was panic stating that these weapons could get past metal detectors..lol now but no shit I found it funny. My beretta 92fs was my weapon back then....

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
I had a Gen 1 block from early 90,s.... when they were first realeased in the good ol usa there was panic stating that these weapons could get past metal detectors..lol now but no shit I found it funny. My beretta 92fs was my weapon back then....

Yep i remember people saying you could go thru metal detectors with them. :lol:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Yep i remember people saying you could go thru metal detectors with them. :lol:

Was it get thru the metal detector with it, or was it, get it thru the scanner for your carry on? I had heard you get it thru on your carry on since the metal wasn't the shape of a firearm and scanners didn't know to be looking for a slide only.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Tsa with an IQ of a frog. Lots of stuff get through. They are are waste of our money. Armed pilots have stopped the threat of attack.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Tsa with an IQ of a frog. Lots of stuff get through. They are are waste of our money. Armed pilots have stopped the threat of attack.

That a bit of a scarey thought too. Half of them are flying around the US drunk off their ass.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
All airports are a bitch, But I will tell you that we have one of the better ones. No as far as security goes but ease of getting around. worst IMO is Ohare, Atlanta,JFK to to all the international flights......

kwo51

Full Access Member
You want to see perfection watch Gainesvilles airport. All 3 planes come and go with only a 2 hour wait. Drunk pilots so what planes fly themselves don't they. Some body has to keep the mile high club going..

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I can drive a truck like a pro drunk, but sure can't shoot a gun accurate. The bullet would be swerving all the way to not the target.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
lol, not a good idea messing w firearms while drunk..." drunk rednecks with firearms on the next episode of cops"

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
lol, not a good idea messing w firearms while drunk..." drunk rednecks with firearms on the next episode of cops"

Now you're getting my point. Pilots with firearms..... whether the plane drives itself or not, A drunk Pilot doesn't need a gun. He wouldn't be much help. Why the hell does a pilot need a gun in a locked cabin? Arm the friggin stewardesses. Besides, hot bitches with guns is badass !!! JMO

kwo51

Full Access Member
You do have a point.Just not the gay steward.Hostess with the mostas. Could allow ccw on the planes.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Could allow ccw on the planes.
I think it would be beneficial to have different levels of CCW. Start off with a local/state CCW. Get some more training and move up to a National CCW where you could carry anywhere in the US. Get some more training and be allowed to carry on a plane or in a school. Have different requirements/proficiencies for each. I doubt they will go to an "out of country" type CCW. Canada is too strict.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I think it would be beneficial to have different levels of CCW. Start off with a local/state CCW. Get some more training and move up to a National CCW where you could carry anywhere in the US. Get some more training and be allowed to carry on a plane or in a school. Have different requirements/proficiencies for each. I doubt they will go to an "out of country" type CCW. Canada is too strict.

I certainly agree with more training to be able to carry on Planes and Schools, and those who get it, also get more freedoms and use for the weapon. Like being able to protect to more than just Self, Friends, Family and CoWorkers.

I agree with that rule in OK. It's not a law so you can be a hero and be the world protector. It's to defend yourself, family, friends and coworkers.

Now with more training as with offensive and defensive shooting, scenario training etc, then they should be allowed to step in and protect others.

For those who aren't aware, there are states that will reciprocate with your home state and carrying. Example. I'm in OK and I can also carry into TX and AR when traveling since they reciprocate and honor OK's CCW. Not sure where it's at wo looking it up, but there is a website that tells which states will reciprocate with which states and vise versa.

Members online

No members online now.