The gotta have accessory!!!!

STF

Full Access Member
I do want one but they are talking $500 on it. When you think about the cost of an auto and having to deal with the ATF wait and what not it doesn't seem like a bad deal though.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Worth it to me, but if I did it I would want to change barrel on my ar, mine gets hot when rapid firing and i think a heavy duty barrel would be a wise choice, what do you all think?

STF

Full Access Member
Considering you'd be in at least 2 grand for a real auto I think it's pretty reasonable.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I'm going to play devils advocate here. In what situation do you need to send that much lead down range? In a SHTF scenario you'll want to be conserving ammo. It's definitely has a cool factor to it but unless you're fighting zombies is it practical?

STF

Full Access Member
The same situation where/when I shoot my AR pistol.

Kind of like doing a huge burn out in your car. It's fun.

But the only real reason I could think is for supressive fire but that can be achieved pretty well with semi auto fire.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I posted that in the AR thread a few days ago. If i was able to afford it, it'd be for the fun factor only. I still can't tell if it's just a very short pull, or if it is firing on the pull and release of the trigger. Either way, he is switching the safety to the Auto position for some reason.

STF

Full Access Member
the action of the buffer traveling back and forth is assisting the hammer.... assisting not doing for it....

Bluez

Full Access Member
Worth it to me, but if I did it I would want to change barrel on my ar, mine gets hot when rapid firing and i think a heavy duty barrel would be a wise choice, what do you all think?

What kind of barrel do you have now?
a 4140? a 4150 ? a 4150 w/ mil spec tests?

machine gun steel is 41V45 CHF which is what my LWRC is.
Such barrels are becoming more and more available BUT lets not forget that the basic 4140 steel served just fine in the m1 Garand and the BAR.

So if you stay away from needless magdumps I dont see a huge problem :)

I predict that trigger group will be very spendy, since its much superior set up to slide fire stocks and everyone will want it before its made illegal.

its obvious ot me that it employs an internal slidefire style mechanism you cna see how his finger is moving.
So he is exerting pressure against a spring which fire a round which immediately resets the spring.
(The rate of fire seems lower than a military set-up, which is just fine with me.)

This is still legal if done the way I surmise.

I hope it will be affordable.
It would be neat to have but Most of our combat power is in semi only IMO :)

Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
I'm going to play devils advocate here. In what situation do you need to send that much lead down range? In a SHTF scenario you'll want to be conserving ammo. It's definitely has a cool factor to it but unless you're fighting zombies is it practical?

Good point , esecially for SHTF.

I cna think of only 2 applications for us, where this feature would be veru useful:
- Room clearing or
- setting up field expedient LMG, which would be pick the rifle in your group with the best barrell, like a Daniel Defense or Sig 516 or LWRC or anything with a 41V45 CHF barrel, give him a couple of oversized mags if you have any, a bipod and voila you have a Squad automatic weapon for fire support

kwo51

Full Access Member
When we get the old rifle team back together ,I want to be the scout. I agree it is only a way around the 1968 law for full auto. I would like a 3 round burst. Full auto is good for suppressing fire. If I get to that again in my life its over. It was fun at night with M60 and tracers.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
When we get the old rifle team back together ,I want to be the scout. I agree it is only a way around the 1968 law for full auto. I would like a 3 round burst. Full auto is good for suppressing fire. If I get to that again in my life its over. It was fun at night with M60 and tracers.

A m60 full auto sounds like a blast, but you did your time in the military so thank you!!
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Good point , esecially for SHTF.

I cna think of only 2 applications for us, where this feature would be veru useful:
- Room clearing or
- setting up field expedient LMG, which would be pick the rifle in your group with the best barrell, like a Daniel Defense or Sig 516 or LWRC or anything with a 41V45 CHF barrel, give him a couple of oversized mags if you have any, a bipod and voila you have a Squad automatic weapon for fire support

For me....SHTF is a common denominator. I'm not obsessed by it but I do/am making decisions on things with it in mind. That's why I asked my previous question. Plus I've been watching the "Revolution" series and it fans those SHTF flames. Anyone else watching it? Damn that "One Second After" book I read. It started it all.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I missed where the little guy came from. What is he? Little boy in revolution who heals people.

Last edited:

Full Access Member
For me....SHTF is a common denominator. I'm not obsessed by it but I do/am making decisions on things with it in mind. That's why I asked my previous question. Plus I've been watching the "Revolution" series and it fans those SHTF flames. Anyone else watching it? Damn that "One Second After" book I read. It started it all.

Yes i have been watching Revolution since it started, It's getting a bit out there now though.

Members online

No members online now.