Safes?

moodster

Full Access Member
Yes she is my best investment by far.Also the best looking one also.
I told how big the safe was and she said" are palming on putting me in there also"LOL

SWSS

Full Access Member
well, my wife is from East Tennessee but not that big...:p
I definately will bump to the biggest. Actually considering a vault for multiple reasons.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
well, my wife is from East Tennessee but not that big...:p
I definately will bump to the biggest. Actually considering a vault for multiple reasons.
That's what my next house is going to have. A walk in vault/safe room in the basement. To be reinforced concrete on all sides. It's the only way to go. Plus my safe will be in the vault so the real valuable stuff will go in that.

Now where do you get the laser forcefield thingies to protect the hallway leading to it?

SWSS

Full Access Member
how many laser forcefield thingies do you want? I have seen some cool sh_t in R&D!!!!
it will really mess with the neighbors WIFI though...

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
how many laser forcefield thingies do you want? I have seen some cool sh_t in R&D!!!!
it will really mess with the neighbors WIFI though...

Neighbors.......I don't need (want) no stinkin' neighbors. My next house is going to be in the middle of some major acreage.
Zeus, Apollo, patrol. (bonus points if you know where that's from).

Last edited:

SWSS

Full Access Member
I grew up not able to see neighbors....

+5 - Magnum P.I. - Higgins, Master Robins loyal keeper of all things and war hero of Her Majesty...or Higgiebaby as my kids would say. they love Netflix. I used to make them watch the old shows as punishment...now the lil' crappers love'em! My son went as Magnum for Halloween! 'tache and all!

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
+5 - Magnum P.I. - Higgins, Master Robins loyal keeper of all things and war hero of Her Majesty...or Higgiebaby as my kids would say. they love Netflix. I used to make them watch the old shows as punishment...now the lil' crappers love'em! My son went as Magnum for Halloween! 'tache and all!

Bravo.....Tom Selleck is also pro gun. That was a good show for it's time. Tropical Hawaii, Ferrari, Helicopter, Magnum with his .45. Miami Vice was also a good one. I happened to be living in Southern Florida when that show was popular. Again, Tropical, Ferrari, Cigarette boat and I think Crockett carried a .45. Hmmmm, seems to be a theme here.

SWSS

Full Access Member
That black ride was made just up the road from me...so I am told...air wolf, chips, a-team, emergency, dukes of hazzard, we watch them all.
My next set of dogs will be badazz like zeus and apollo.

I just noticed, my nook color doesnt capitalize like my laptop!

blockdoc

Full Access Member
A vault lacks a major protection that a good safe provides - fire proofing.

My safe is rated at 350 degrees, and a large part of its weight is fire insulation.

I know a guy around here that had a cheap safe, rated to 750 degrees. Lost all his guns to a house fire & it got too hot in his safe.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Hey guys, I'm gonna piggyback on this thread, I'm looking for a small handgun picture safe/vault. Looking for it for my bedside gun, I don't wanna put it in there drawer or leave it sitting on top, so i want a good little box to keep it in.

Needs to be something reliable, as it will be for an HD pistol. I know it probably won't discourage a thief, but it'll be better than sitting out in the open. I'm mainly looking for something to house it and keep it out of sight.

Sidenote: what defensive rounds do you recommend for a 4" .357/.38 Special

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Thanks Doc! That's the kinda stuff I'm looking for. Probably gonna look for a little bigger boxes but thank you very much for the suggestion.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Hey guys, I'm gonna piggyback on this thread, I'm looking for a small handgun picture safe/vault. Looking for it for my bedside gun, I don't wanna put it in there drawer or leave it sitting on top, so i want a good little box to keep it in.

Needs to be something reliable, as it will be for an HD pistol. I know it probably won't discourage a thief, but it'll be better than sitting out in the open. I'm mainly looking for something to house it and keep it out of sight.

Sidenote: what defensive rounds do you recommend for a 4" .357/.38 Special
piggy away. there wasn't really an area to put it...I built a platform bed frame for the new tempur-pedic mattress and i think i want to incorporate something in the frame. let me know what you find.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Hornady as mentioned above as far as rds go also Winchester pdx1 ... real similar to the ranger T`s which replaced my favorite bullet ever produced, The Black Talon...

DrkSide

Full Access Member
Got this Winchester safe this past weekend and got it "installed" tonight. Got to get some lights for the top inside to see a little better in it but so far I love it. Picked it over the other ones because of the 1 hour fire rating and the size is perfect for where I wanted to put it.

So far it is not bolted down and I am not sure that I am going to. You have to take multiple doors of hinges to get it in and that was before I put the handle on, after it is installed you would have to take trim off. I will probably bolt it down once I am sure that it is staying where it is.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Nice DrkSide. Anyone have issues with the electronic keypad over the old sckewl tumbler?

blockdoc

Full Access Member
I went with a regular dial - I don't like stuff that's more prone to break if there's not a really good reason to use it. And my dial works just fine.

My Amsec safe is great, but I did notice their FAQs page was almost completely about issues with electronic locks.

DrkSide

Full Access Member
I did look at the ones with a regular dial, but with the time difference that it took to get in I went with the electronic lock. I would have liked a backup of some sort but I could not afford a safe with dual locks. I want to get 5 years out of this one as a main safe and then when the time comes I will upgrade my main safe and dedicate this one to secondary.

Members online

No members online now.