Safes?

SWSS

Full Access Member
I was not sure of the best place to put this to get maximum response.
I am looking at upgrading/getting a much larger/nicer safe. What I have is not fire/water rated. I am really leaning to the Liberty line. Any other thoughts? What do you have or would change to?

DrkSide

Full Access Member
I would definitely watch this if you have not. Other than that pick something that you know will be big enough. I am going to be in the market within the next 6 months.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8[/ame]

doublestack

Bought a smaller Bighorn safe from Costco mainly for its size and cost. wanted something to fit in the bedroom closet. Will prolly buy another one with a better fire rating for important documents/camera/etc. Didn't want to "showcase" a monster safe in the house for prying eyes to see.

DrkSide

Full Access Member
I am going to check out this safe this weekend at the local TS. After re-evaluating my needs a safe is at the top of the list. With what will be in the safe I feel that this one will be adequate for the time being. Anybody have any feedback on this one?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
A word of advice.....SIZE. The bigger, the better. You'll be surprised how quickly you run out of room in one. Firearms, ammo, important papers, jewelry, precious metals, cash. It fills up a safe quick. But knowing it's locked and safe is a great feeling. Someone may be able to break into the house and take electronics and such but your true valuables will still be there when you get home because they were in the safe. 6 big guys couldn't move my safe.

DrkSide

Full Access Member
Yea, I only have 4 pistols and 2 rifles (and don't expect to be stocking up soon, would rather feed what I have now). I am thinking that particular one because it fits in the budget that I can spend now and gets me some protection. Not as much as I would like but some is better than the none I have currently.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
You are correct. Better to have some protection than none. If later on you outgrow this safe, you can always buy another.

doublestack

Yea, I only have 4 pistols and 2 rifles (and don't expect to be stocking up soon, would rather feed what I have now). I am thinking that particular one because it fits in the budget that I can spend now and gets me some protection. Not as much as I would like but some is better than the none I have currently.
Looks to be about the same safe as the one I bought from costco. I fit just about everything I need to in this safe. 6 rifles/4 handguns/camera bag/documents/etc. Might buy another, but for what I want, this one is good enuff.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
A word of advice, find the size you think you need, and get one twice as big. Even if you gotta save up for it. A safe is something you will most likely have your entire life, don't get one you'll fill as soon as you purchase it.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I definitely have to agree with get a bigger safe than what you think you need, even if you have to save up a while longer. I wish I did. On an impulse buy but mainly because my 2 sons are getting older, and I wanted the guns out of the closet...... my first safe a few years ago was a 24 gun OUTFITTER safe (Champion Safe Company) from Scheels. In reality it holds about 8 long guns comfortably especially if any of them are scoped. I ended up having to buy a cheap 8 gun locker to hold the "less valuable" rifles.

I will keep the safe I have, but am in the process of saving up again for a safe somewhere in the "40-60" gun range. Lesson learned, but now at least I know what to look for in the future.

moodster

Full Access Member
That is what I thought when buying mine.
I looked and looked and got the biggest they made,my wife not so happy,but I know that I won't need to buy another.
My kids are only getting older and people getting crazier,need to lock them and my valuables in a good safe.
I am lucky I have one of the few safe dealers for heritage in my local area.
They are really nice for the money.Little pricey but worth it when you see them in person.

Members online

No members online now.