Problems with Kel-Tec PF-9

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
My pf-9 is my BUG and have only had it 8 months and rarely shoot it. less than 100 rds thru it. I was at the range a few weeks ago and I always inspect all my guns before shooting. Broke it down and everything looked great. When It got to the cleaning end of it I noticed that on the front right side rail that there was a ruff edge. Took it to my armorer cause I could not figure it out. He thinks that while the bullet is exiting thru the barrel then recoiling the barrel hood is sliding just a tad 2 the right and hitting it. You can feel the edge on the hood there is slight roughness and the rail is gouged. This is why I always inspect b4 and after. It was not there b4 shooting it that day and saw it while cleaning. Keltec is Gonna take a look at it and let me know whats up. I think that when the polymer frame was molded the dimensions where slightly off. It shot fine no jams/FTF/Feed. I hope they will just send me a new one but we will see. Will let everyone know how it turns out...... G19

kwo51

Full Access Member
They are great to deal with,sometimes just a call away. Would still like to get my hands on the 22 mag pistol they have on back order.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I have had great CS with them, the one thing I do not like about the company is there advertising campain. I have been trying to get a SUB-2000 that accepts my G19 mags for over 2 yrs and they are not producing them, yet in every catalog I receive they are advertising it. They retail for $299 But on GUNBROKER.com they are biddding up to $600 for them...WTF:emotions122:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Call them and ask why or try the keltec forum . Good luck.They are running balls to the wall.

godawgs82

Full Access Member
I have had my PF9 for several months and thus far, no problems at all. Not one FTE or FTF. For the money, it is a bargain 9mm and very concealable.

KKing

Full Access Member
I know they're customer service is awesome for sure, I know they'll fix you up. They've sent me springs and small stuff for free before since I was doing my own regular maintenance. On the sub2k you want, I feel your pain. I too want one, unfortunately like most others in their line up that are popular, they're very hard to catch and sell out quick

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
i sent it back over a week ago and should be getting it back Monday. No notes in CS telling what went wrong ..... G27

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Got my Keltec PF-9 back today.:) They replaced the slide and polished the feed ramp. They threw in a +1 mag extension for a total of 9 rds single stack. Im not sure about the rails because it was not touched (still rough) by finger feeling it.....Concealed 27

kwo51

Full Access Member
Polish all metal on metal surfaces. Fluff and buff. Don't take off any metal just polish!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.