priority mail shipping ammo

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I've been looking on gunbroker at some ammo and there are some sellars that state that they can mail ammo priority mail which is usps. I know that this is illegal but these guys are telling that they can do it. Should I report them to gun broker that they are are breaking the the law or see if I can get away with with it? I know the answer is no don't send it I just don't wanna get someone into trouble because when I ship ammo I have to pay at least 10 bucks for less than a lb of ammo. I have original 40 caliber black talons I'm selling and does not seem fair to me when there paying half that for shipping....thanks for your thoughts...
Concealed 27

Bluez

Full Access Member
My advice is to stay on the good side of the law but also not to report any Americans who are engaging in civil disobedience against unjust regulations that are aimed at all of us.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I fiquered thats what i get for an answer from my friends does not seem fair... I'm a law obiding citizen and not a narc just upsets me that people are getting away with it that all.....hopefully atf will catch up to him nd he will get busted, forgive me lord if that makes me a bad person.......:whymewhyme:
Concealed 27

Last edited:

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
I fiquered thats what i get for an answer from my friends does not seem fair... I'm a law obiding citizen and not a narc just upsets me that people are getting away with it that all.....hopefully atf will catch up to him nd he will get busted, forgive me lord if that makes me a bad person.......:whymewhyme:
Concealed 27

OH NO !!!! I`m not again You at all. I too feel the same way about someone bustin the law like that, but, I too feel that that persons just reward`ll be coming, in due time, if not on theis earth, then.................... and it probably wo`n be purdy too.
But, I also remember the days, when I was in the fourth grade. I went into the local "Main Street" sporting goods store and put a 22 cal rifle on lay away, I did`nt have My Mom or dads permission or anything, just walked in and plopped My buck and a half down, the owner got out a receipt book, marked down what I paid and what was still owed, I sold newspapers on the street for a dime, put a nickel for each one in My pocket, paid twenty to thirty cents a day until I had that $21.95 paid off, no papers to sign, no questions asked, I walked out the door with My brand new Ithica model 49 single shot lever action rifle. I got home and showed Mom and Dad what I had purchased and they was very surprised and happy too.
That was before We were outlawed out of existence, and to Me, I should still be able to go in and buy My firearms without any paper work other than the warranties.
OH well, I guess this does`nt make much sense but, I am not against You.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Maybe we should recheck the law. FFL's send guns through the mail all the time why not me?

TScottW99

Full Access Member
A lot of times when you get ammo via USPS it started out from FedEx. I have received ammo that way. They have an agreement where FedEx will deliver packages to your local USPS and then they finish the job. According to the USPS website it is illegal for them to deliver ammo though.

Makes no sense to me :D

TheOl55

Full Access Member
From the USPS web site....

Many household items can’t go in the mail.

Restricted materials come in a wide variety of forms and can be chemical, biological, radioactive, or a combination of factors.

Many common household and consumer products cannot be mailed through the US Postal Service®. These materials may not be dangerous on your shelf at home, but they may become a hazard when shaken or when exposed to temperature or pressure changes. Additional rules and restrictions apply for items being mailed internationally.

Examples of household products that may be mailable but have specific restrictions…

Aerosols
Lithium Batteries
Nail Polish
Perfumes containing alcohol
Pool Chemicals
Paints
Matches
Certain Glues

Examples of non-mailable items…

Air bags
Ammunition
Explosives
Gasoline

Browse Domestic Mail Manual (DMM®) 601.10: Hazardous Materials ›
Browse Publication 52 -- Hazardous, Restricted, and Perishable Mail ›

Also

There are rules and restrictions for what can and can’t be mailed.
This list is not exhaustive, but in most cases, you can't send…

Alcohol — Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, or liquor) are restricted and can’t go in the mail. If you’re reusing a box displaying alcohol brands, all logos and labels need to be completely removed.

Perfume − Perfume containing alcohol is prohibited on air transportation, and can only be shipped domestically via surface transportation. Perfume containing alcohol is prohibited in international shipments.

Prescription Drugs – Prescription medications can only be mailed by Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registered entities. Similar regulations may apply to over-the-counter medications.

Cigarettes & Smokeless Tobacco – With few exceptions, cigarettes and smokeless tobacco shipments cannot be mailed.
See tobacco restrictions and guidelines ›

Firearms – Only licensed manufacturers and dealers can mail or receive handguns. And even though unloaded rifles and shotguns are mailable, mailers must comply with all applicable regulations.

Lets remember this is a branch of the US Government and they don't want us to HAVE Ammo anyway.

kwo51

Full Access Member
You at one time could buy a gun from sears catalog and ammo and had it sent to you through the post office.That is the way it should be. JFK demise stopped that and UPS lobbyist got all the rest of the mailing money.Just more of our freedoms being controlled by the elite.

Smith

I have original 40 caliber black talons I'm selling and does not seem fair to me when there paying half that for shipping....thanks for your thoughts...
Concealed 27

Wrong reason to be upset but I know that I would feel the same. Just gotta let it pan out and hopefully Karm will get them in the end. Although I too think its BS that you can't ship ammo through the mail. I think it has more to do with the potential that something accidentaly gets stuck on a plane and shipped than anything

Members online

No members online now.