Prepping for new assault weapons ban.

blockdoc

Full Access Member
M1A is excellent choice. As soon as I pay for a couple other things, I'm getting a SCAR 17, with trijicon ACOG in 7.62 reticle + RMR.

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Not to dive into some far-fetched conspiracy theory stuff, but don't you think the ban on assault weapon is done with intentions to maintain military ruling over the mass? That way, unless there is a military coup, no one could realistically start a revolution or a civil uprising that could not be immediately squashed by the military.

blockdoc

Full Access Member
That's precisely why governments make firearm restrictions. They sell it with public safety, and it also serves as a first step, with broader restrictions to follow.

Most people don't realize it, but the same applies among governments and concern over Nuclear, biological, and chemical warfare (NBC). War can still be waged in the presence of NBC; it just results in a slower battlefield to don protective gear and equipment. That results in a country with a technological advantage, like the US, having to slow down and thus lose its advantage.

Thus more technologically advanced countries really don't want other countries to utilize NBC. They will cry about the risks to civilians and innocents, but you're rather gullible if you think they really care about civilians and innocents. They care about maintaining an advantage.

This applies to small arms and civilians equally. I believe our founders intended us to have and maintain all the accoutrements of war. So if you can afford an F16, have at it. Alas, we're a far cry from our founding.

moodster

Full Access Member
I too am trying to decide on a AR15 type gun.
Willing to spend up to 2500.
Looking at piston fired systems,can't decide.
What do you think?

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
So far I have been able to scrape together about 2k rounds of 7.62 NATO. Hopefully the supply chain will catch up with demand.

infidel

Thanks for the feedback guys. Decided to go with a Ruger SR 556e. Got a great deal on a new in the box.

Thanks for the thoughts and advise.

BTW,

I traded a beretta px4 storm .40 that didn't get much use. Now I have approx 300 rounds of brand new in the box Hornady critical defense HP and 500+ rounds of various mfg fmj. Looking to unload it for a decent price. Not sure how much yet but after verifying current market price somebody could get a great deal if interested.

FYI

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Who are we most likely to have attack us? Gear up for that ,have weapons that use their ammo.Hopefully it won't be sling shots.

mgentry

Full Access Member
I would get a Sig 716 or a 556 or a 556R, then the next issue would be ammo and mags or mags and ammo. Check with K-VAr for mags depending on what you get. Good luck!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I know you saw the Dianne Frankenstein article. That is what she would like to see.

"It would essentially ban thousands of firearms and require gun owners to turn them over to the Federal government."

I've got something Diane Frankenstein can choke on !!!

So doesn't the 2nd Amendment give us the right to bear arms to protect ourselves from our own government? The Feds trying to take something from us would qualify too wouldn't it? Hopefully they're not so stupid to go that far. I'd just about think that could possibly start another Civil War of sorts.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've got something Diane Frankenstein can choke on !!!

So doesn't the 2nd Amendment give us the right to bear arms to protect ourselves from our own government? The Feds trying to take something from us would qualify too wouldn't it? Hopefully they're not so stupid to go that far. I'd just about think that could possibly start another Civil War of sorts.

They took away our right to own a fully auto weapon. They are heavily regulated. You have to buy an expensive Government stamp to own one and then you have to find one that's been grandfathered in. They may just be raising the bar to now include semi auto weapons. You might still be able to own one but it too will be heavily regulated and cost a lot to own.

I certainly don't condone this but this is what they are hinting at I think.
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

kwo51

Full Access Member
It will go over like tits on a snake. She is a goon. Yes my knuckles drag the ground and I'm hell in a tree.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Again, I'm sure I won't be popular for my opinion, but the only thing that needs changed as far as the Federal Laws, is to close the loop hole on Gun Purchases as Gun Shows. I do believe that is how alot of criminals do acquire their guns. Of course their #1 way of getting them is to steal them breaking into houses and businesses.

I do feel for the guy though, who is a convicted felon for writing a few hot checks to support his family when things got tough, or any non viloant felon and won't be able to buy a gun. I don't agree that ALL FELONS should not be allowed to own firearms. That needs to be fixed too. Not only do many felonies NOT justify not being able to own a firearm, some people rehabilitate. Examples of such, Martha Stuart and Michael Vic. They are felons and what they did, they deserve what they got, but that doesn't mean they are harmful to society if they own firearms.

Members online

No members online now.