Post Pics of Bows and Arrows

davbell22602

See some your bows and arrows.

Here's pic of my bow. I got it for $20 at a flea market one year. Its PSE Graphite Fire Flight Express.

S5004025.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
My ancient Jennings BuckMaster. I think a caveman once owned it. Got the whole deal for $150.

2013-03-06+18.58.31.jpg

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
My ancient Jennings BuckMaster. I think a caveman once owned it. Got the whole deal for $150.

2013-03-06_18-59-09_37.jpg

There isn't anything wrong with ancient with it comes to weapons of any sort.

But I'll go out on a limb and say a caveman didn't own it. The wheel wasn't invented yet, let alone an offset wheel for the compound feature. That's my thinking anyway. :shrug:

oppo

Full Access Member
I don't think any single cam bow could be called ancient. :) It isn't as fast as the newer bows but it is still a good bow. I think IBO speed is 285-290 or so IIRC. That will blow through a whitetail like it is butter.

cce1302

Full Access Member
This one might be ancient:
bow.jpg

It's an XI Legend Magnum. Best I can tell it was manufactured in '91 or '92. My dad bought it new for himself, then when he upgraded a couple years later, I got it.

Here's a new one:

57063E4F-6F3B-4991-9DEB-A52F4BB8B224.jpg

Hoyt Faktor 30. Arrived from Palm Beach Archery — Archery today. It's a bit breezy today, but I went ahead and shot about 90 arrows anyway. Shoots quite well.

ViperJeff

Administrator
Nice rig, I was never very good at archery. Maybe I could do better with all these technical advances

cce1302

Full Access Member
Nice rig, I was never very good at archery. Maybe I could do better with all these technical advances

It's ridiculously fun, and less expensive than firearms (I'm speaking of the arrows, not the bow. The bow cost more than most of my guns individually.)

Plus, it doesn't disturb the neighbors when I shoot in my yard.

ViperJeff

Administrator
I don't know, if that arrow goes farther than 15' where I live, I've just taken out the neighbors dog

oppo

Full Access Member
Fyi, they will blow through a wooden fence like it is made of butter and the old practice of using haybales doesn't fare much better. A while back, we were at an archery range and I had a brain fart and used my 50 yard pin on a 30 yard 3D target. They are the same color. The arrow went through 4 fence panels and stuck in a 2x12. In other words, a fence is zero protection to the neighbor's dog or the neighbor.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I used old vinyl screen from a porch , rolled it up into a tight ball and put it in a box. Works well. Target points ,no broad heads.

oppo

Full Access Member
That is another good point. Broadheads will blow right through some targets that will easily stop field points.

Members online

No members online now.