Pics of your SKS with Description...

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I'm pretty sure Diane Frankentein thinks the black ones are meaner, and since I have black mags. Prolly go with that. And since it's a Norinco, Spike Bayonet is the correct one and they are cheap on GB.com. A Picatinny rail would make it even meanter and piss Diane off even more, so that would be cool too.

One other thing. If you go with no bayonet groove. Some stocks are available with a lower picatinny rails as well. This one has both the upper and lower picatinny.

Yeah, I'm going black just to piss D. FStein off. I think when mine is done, I'll take a picture of it and send it to her. With bayonet extended, scope & pistol grip and 30 round magazine attached. Maybe it will give her a stroke or somethin'.

STK66169BLACK.jpg

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
One other thing. If you go with no bayonet groove. Some stocks are available with a lower picatinny rails as well. This one has both the upper and lower picatinny.

Yeah, I'm going black just to piss D. FStein off. I think when mine is done, I'll take a picture of it and send it to her. With bayonet extended, scope & pistol grip and 30 round magazine attached. Maybe it will give her a stroke or somethin'.

STK66169BLACK.jpg

Good Point. I'd be more likely to put the lower picatinny rail to use before using the bayonet. :rofl: I think.

JuggNuttz

just found this thread, so why not. quick pic i took last night for another friend

qwwpe9.jpg

cheap ass scope on it, but came with the gun. bought it from a good friend back in like 97 or 98 for $140. besides the scope its a stock Norinco. looking it over last night i noticed the numbers on the frame and stock match, and thats always a good thing!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I've got a Norinco that I bought from a buddy about 10 years ago. It's in an aftermarket poly stock. No scope, but I was amazed at how accurate it was with cheap Wolf Ammo.
My Yugo SKS is not to bad, but the Norinco really does seem more consistant.

JuggNuttz

yeah, ive had people tell me that the Norinco's were the cheap ones and less desirable. But i have been very consistant with it when shooting, and ,knock on wood, havent had a single problem. hell the Ultralux scope on it seems to be holding its zero, i havent adjusted it in, well ever, and i still hit the things im aiming at.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I'll call BS on that. Norinco's seem to be the most accurate IMO and less failures. Not that I've had many failures really to speak of any of the 3 I've had, but I for certain, do like the Norinco better than the other 2, and I had no expectations of the Norinco, since I bought it cheap with an aftermarket poly stock.

tnxdshooter

Sks sporter that takes AK mags from the factory. Following mods

1. Us made gas piston
2. Murray's us made trigger
3. Murray's us made hammer
4. Murray's us made spring loaded firing pin.
5. Tapco stock us made
6. Magpul ctr milspec stock with limbsaver
7. Cheese grater hand guard. Us made
8. Tapco operating rod us made
9. Albanian bolt carrier (ak style charging handle).
10. Definitive Arms us made ak fighter brake.
11. Us made followers and floor plates in ak mags.
12. Grip mod done to allow trigger group to be removed without removing grip.
13. Ambidextrous safety
14. Tech sights ts200
15. Tapco two point sling but will soon be going SOE gear single point bungee sling.
16. Hogue hand all grip

I use Bulgarian circle 10's with this rifle when carrying my strike hard gear chest rig. I also use the 20 round Hungarian tankers and 20 round Korean mags.

Kg gunkote over parkerized base.

d4490cd3634d605b4911221bc47b7f2c.jpg
4e278ce5a7ad1516e2077848f2b6c005.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tnxdshooter

Sks m that takes ak mags.

This will be my hog hunting/coyote hunting gun.

It'll have the following mods.
1. Murray's us made hammer
2. Murray's us made sear
3. Murray's us made trigger
4. Murray's us made spring loaded firing pin.
5. Wolff 31 pound hammer spring
6. Ramline us made ventilated hand guard
7. Mag wedge quick rail
8. Probably Holosun red dot with acss reticle
9. Tapco operating rod
10. Definitive Arms ak fighter brake
11. Us made gas piston
12. Grip mod
13. Hogue universal hand all

What it has at this time

Tapco stock that I found on ebay that was bedded
Magpul ctr with limbsaver