need help mounting scope

ninja man

Full Access Member
here is my problem, i finally got the cz scope rings for the 455. the problem i have is that the scope is hitting the rear sight. i have unscrewed it, but it seems like its glued in place. any idea how to remove it? or should i just take a grinder and get it out of the way. i never plan on using the rifle without the scope.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

ninja man

Full Access Member
yeah, tried that, but i can see some sort of adhesive holding it in place. tried using a pair of pliers too. damn thing wont come off. im ready to just grind it down so its out of the way......

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
yeah, tried that, but i can see some sort of adhesive holding it in place. tried using a pair of pliers too. damn thing wont come off. im ready to just grind it down so its out of the way......

The rear sight base on the cz 455 is held on with locktite 270. locktite 270 will release right at 250 degrees c. Once you remove the screws and rear sight from the base, use a heat gun, even a hair dryer at close range for about 5 minutes may do it, and tap it off with a rubber mallet. :console:

ninja man

Full Access Member
haha, thanks guys for the help. i will be bringing my heat gun home with me tonight. i gotta tell you, those bushnell banner scopes are nice for the price. im hoping i get it mounted right so we can go out and get them sighted in.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Any update on this? Did the sight come off after heat application, or did you end up grinding that sucker off?

ninja man

Full Access Member
yep. a heat gun and a pair of pliers with the ends wrapped in a paper towel so i didnt damage the rear sight. a bit of a thg and it finally broke free

Members online

No members online now.