Members only section. ..

tacticold

Full Access Member
Technically, you just posted this in the member's only area. Does that mean non-members can't see it, or just can't respond to it, though? We're trying to find a way to post found deals to members, but have noticed an incursion of guests in our in-stock threads, which probably means google is finding those threads for people searching. We want a member's only in-stock area that outsiders can't even see.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Technically, you just posted this in the member's only area. Does that mean non-members can't see it, or just can't respond to it, though? We're trying to find a way to post found deals to members, but have noticed an incursion of guests in our in-stock threads, which probably means google is finding those threads for people searching. We want a member's only in-stock area that outsiders can't even see.

Agreed, Theres some stuff be keep behind the curtains..JMHO

SWSS

Full Access Member
nope not alone but sometimes we need alone time...that did not sound like it did in my head. course others say they dont hear the same voices either...:D

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I know I'd love to have a section like this for multiple reasons. Who else feels the same way?

As I made the suggestion in the other thread. You know I'd be behind it.

It's a great section to post good deals that WE want to share amongst ourselves, not for the general public.

Also good for updates on members who feel comfortable enough to share health issues with members but don't care to share with the whole world. I know several people who have had issues with their parents or kids and it was a big help to them to get opinion from people they knew, but didn't know if that makes sense, but not share with every "Lookie Lou" who pokes there head in here.

Other advantages too. I'd set it up, but it's an Admin task or it'd been done already.

Jeff is pretty easy to get along with and usually goes for the reasonable suggestions. I'm sure when he checks in, he'll look in into getting a Member's Only Private Section set up.

tacticold

Full Access Member
I'm 100% behind the idea. To show my seriousness and loyalty, by tomorrow I'll be a supporting member if I can figure out how to become one.

It can't be that hard to set up. I'd also recommend a post-count minimum to access said area so Joe Blow can't come in create an account, and immediately have access to deals and information.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I'd be interested in this also even if one had to be a supporting member.....Do we need a paypal account for that?

Edit: found my answer in the Site News section.

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I'm 100% behind the idea. To show my seriousness and loyalty, by tomorrow I'll be a supporting member if I can figure out how to become one.

It can't be that hard to set up. I'd also recommend a post-count minimum to access said area so Joe Blow can't come in create an account, and immediately have access to deals and information.

Its on site news and it has a sticky, you can paypal or guest checkout....

ViperJeff

Administrator
Yes, I've been reading along

Most forums I'm on, the for members on usually is for supporting members and has an added value to becoming a supporting member. Not to be uncaring, but to pay a membership fee to discuss ones illness or dumb ass kids (I know, that was a little too far) seems to be a reach. If we have a Members Only section. What can we put there that is an added value.

Do we move some of the sections we have into it, like DIY, Sales Forum... I don't know. I think we need to be smart about this and you know me, I'll read all suggestions

Vj

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Deals that you only want to pass on to members
Personal issues you don't care to share with the world
Maybe pics of toys you don't care to share with outsiders
NSFW threads

These are just a few things I can think of off the top of my head

Members online

No members online now.