Make your own AR Legally Video

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I have a feeling there will end up being alot of this going IF a gun ban happens. People will start making their own. We've already seen the 3D printer at work. With today's technology in computers and CNC lathes and mills, there will be plenty of people who will have the ability to make their own.

Honestly, it's probably not cost effective, but make them illegal, now the cost becomes a secondary issue. I still say it's better to keep them legal and at least then the government knows the Origin and the first buyer of the weapon. I have a feeling we're going to get to see some good talent at work if AR's and AK's are banned.

The other issue, is that fact everyone will THINK they are talented enough to build such an item from scratch, but not done properly, not put through the proper testing and then we will start seeing people getting killed over improper manufacturing and accidents.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30i_6awxEG4]Legally Make your own Gun. - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Agreed, once its black market stuff ( Gunsmithing without proper traiming or knowledge ) basically you get into all kinds of nonsense. They wanna ban our guns but thats not gonna happen, we cant even control our border to the south. Let alone the number of guns per household..This is from 2004 so 9 years ago

Results: 38% of households and 26% of individuals reported owning at least one firearm. This corresponds to 42 million US households with firearms, and 57 million adult gun owners. 64% of gun owners or 16% of American adults reported owning at least one handgun. Long guns represent 60% of the privately held gun stock. Almost half (48%) of all individual gun owners reported owning ⩾4 firearms. Men more often reported firearm ownership, with 45% stating that they personally owned at least one firearm, compared with 11% for women.

STF

Full Access Member
These guys were doing clinics in their shop helping people do these and the classes just got shutdown by the ATF.

STF

Full Access Member
That's funny. I say the same thing all the time.

What do you design now? I'm designing food packaging machinery/automation.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
That's funny. I say the same thing all the time.

What do you design now? I'm designing food packaging machinery/automation.

Nothing :happy175: I've never used it unfortunately. Ended up working in law enforcement. I don't remember crap about drafting, a shame really.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Metal working machines aren't cheap either. This is why all the rage over the new plastic copy machines.,and home PC.

STF

Full Access Member
yeah but it's much easier to gain access to a mill and a lathe than it is a CNC machine. Also if one had pursued machining rather than drafting there is a larger chance that that person would be near machining equipment than a computer.

STF

Full Access Member
Hell I have a lathe and a mill at work but all I use the mill for is a drill press mostly and the lathe just puts nice chamfers on drive shafts and drills holes in them for me.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Hell I have a lathe and a mill at work but all I use the mill for is a drill press mostly and the lathe just puts nice chamfers on drive shafts and drills holes in them for me.
Work for drive shaft company?
Concealed 27

STF

Full Access Member
No, I should have clarified. Drive shaft for conveyor type equipment. Mostly stainless cross shafts with an electric motor/gear box on one end.

Members online

No members online now.