Local grub and grill joints

SWSS

Full Access Member
Alright hoes. I try to not eat at name brand places if at all possible. Yes i am at Ruby Tuesday just because of the bar wenches...so anywho, this thread is to opine about the local haunts....

I will start
Top of the Hill Restaurant & Brewery
100 East Franklin Street #3
Chapel Hill, NC 28390

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Essen Haus
Wilson St.
Madison, WI

Excellent German fare, pretty wattresses in dirndles, live polka music, boots of Marzen and HefeWeiss.
What's not to love?

JuggNuttz

The Wild Goose
corner of Lincoln and Cullom in chicago.

it bar food, but really good food. the turkey burger on pretzel roll is awesome. plus theres lots of alcohol to be had.

local kinda fast food place is Dear Franks in the Village Crossing shopping mall on Touhy. typical greasy burger place, but the highlight is the use of real Merkt's sharp cheddar cheese. just imagine face squinting super sharp cheddar cheese on seasoned waffle fries..... fuck yeah!

TScottW99

Full Access Member
My favorite here in Roanoke...

Thelma's Chicken & Waffles (best fried chicken in VA)
315 Market Street Southeast
Roanoke, VA 24011
(540) 343-8888

I have the Yelp app for my iPhone. Great when you are on the road and you are looking for a local place. Shows reviews, prices, directions, etc. My wife & I love it.

JuggNuttz

for delivery i use www.grubhub.com its not everywhere yet, but put in your adress and gives you a list of who delivers to your house. can even order online. the very few times ive had issues with delivery times, grubhub themselves have called me to tell me they talked to the restaurant, its on its way, and heres XXX of your next order, and emailed me a coupon code. its great for trying out new places

SWSS

Full Access Member
My favorite here in Roanoke...

Thelma's Chicken & Waffles (best fried chicken in VA)
315 Market Street Southeast
Roanoke, VA 24011
(540) 343-8888

I have the Yelp app for my iPhone. Great when you are on the road and you are looking for a local place. Shows reviews, prices, directions, etc. My wife & I love it.
i will have to stop on my next run to DC/Baltimore area!

SWSS

Full Access Member
I know not all you guys are a road warrior like myself but it is nice to actually have a positive review from such nutritionists such as you all!

Members online

No members online now.