Lancer L5 AWM Mag

Bluez

Full Access Member
After doing reaction drills with my buddy today (who's been learning FAST, considering he only had 5 sessions with me since he got the RRA he is amazingly quick and accurate.. getting the full potential out of the RRA!!)

Afterwards I picked up a Lancer L5 AWM Magazine just for fun.
Its the latest version so its made to also fit HK416/MR556/M24 rifles. (more about that below).

It has 2 reall cool features:

Its the "transluscent smoked" version of the Lancer L5.

Body feels very strong a little stronger than PMag Gen 2 and about equal to the TAPCO Gen 2 and PMag Gen3.
it has numbers on the side of the mag to show how many rounds so are in it.

It's most interesting feature is that the upper part of the magazines is steel and this includes the lips which is really cool as I know they will not get worn or damaged easily.
The "smoked" translucent, ( which is the one I like best) is transclucent enough you can see the rounds but not so translucent that a coppery golden shine of brass might give your postion away thru an unfortunate happenstance.

Magazine was $20 retail at a store that sold 30 round black PMags, Gen2 for 10 bucks each if bought in a group of five.
Also because it is a new version made (just like the Gen 3 PMag) to fit HK416/HKMR556/M24 type rifles/LMG's it is missing that small extra raised line on the back of it's spine that many polymer Mags have.

The PMag Gen 2 has it the TAPCO Gen 2 has it.

That missing raised line area helps it fit properly into those new rifles that had issues with fitting gen2 PMags and other magazines.
You can see in one picture the Gen 2 PMag on top and the gen3 PMag in middle and on left the lancer L5 to notice the difference compared to the original style PMag on top

As a result the Lancer L5 just like the PMag Gen3 fits a normal AR a bit looser.
This was noticeable on both the LWRC and the SiG516 I had handy for fit testing.
it did not make it function any less but I noticed it just like the PMag gen 3 and i had been hoping it might be tighter.

I have not had chance to function test it a lot yet but just form looking at it its quite impressive

Attachments

• 100_1649b.jpg
    100_1649b.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_1650.jpg
    100_1650.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_1651.jpg
    100_1651.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_1652.jpg
    100_1652.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_1653.jpg
    100_1653.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
Thanks!.. I am glad somneone looked at it.
I also reviewed a Tapco gen 2 and Tangodown Magazine :)

Didnt do the pMags becxause they are owned by many and reviews for them not really needed.

Members online

No members online now.