Kimber Help

CBizzle

Recently added a Kimber Custom Eclipse II to the collection. So far I've put about 200 rounds down range. I'm having a serious failure to feed issue... About 30% of the time the round jams while feeding out of the mag. I'm shooting Chip Mccormick power mags.

The question is... Do I keep spending $$ on ammo trying to break the gun in a bit more or just jump ship and send it back to Kimber. The manual suggests 300 rounds for a proper breakin but I'm having a hard time believing that 3 out of every 10 rounds is typical during this period.

My warrior does not have this problem. However, the tolerances in the custom eclipse II seem much tighter.

Thanks for your input in advance...

33A37227-1CD5-4C25-AF23-37FF9C52A88C-1189-00000132E391DEF0_zpsc1bf5760.jpg

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Nice looking guns my friend and I suggest maybe calling them or if you have mags from your other kimber try using those and see what happens. Hope that gives some help sorry I can't do more, I don't own a 1911 so don't want to give you advice on internals of the weapon. Hope it gets better for ya keep us informed.....
Concealed 27

CBizzle

Thanks 27. Good call on the mag swap. May give that a try and see if I can get to their recommended break in round count before calling. Something tells me that will be their first question.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Keep it real wet and don't fire anything but ball ammo for awhile. What kind of failure to fire or feed are you having. Fluff and buff by Gunsmith might help. Keep it wet, grease the slide rails and feed ramp. A little lubrication helps, alot makes thing slide better.

CBizzle

Keep it real wet and don't fire anything but ball ammo for awhile. What kind of failure to fire or feed are you having. Fluff and buff by Gunsmith might help. Keep it wet, grease the slide rails and feed ramp. A little lubrication helps, alot makes thing slide better.

The failure has to do with the round feeding properly out of mag. Kinda just gets stuck on the way out. I'm gonna give it real good lube job before I take it out again. The last 100 rounds were reloads but the first 100 was quality ammo. No difference with the failure issues.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Sounds like a feed ramp issue.What are you feeding it. My Kimbers feed empty cases from the mags. Stick with ball ammo for awhile.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I agree about the magazines. I swear by Wilson magazines for the 1911 platform. I also agree that FMJ for break in also and running it wet during break in.

Nice pistol!

kwo51

Full Access Member
Don't have to be at the range to cycle ammo through it. Don't pull the trigger. You will still be wearing down the metal on the rails to break in the weapon. Find some snap caps or an empty case to put in the barrel.

CBizzle

Don't have to be at the range to cycle ammo through it. Don't pull the trigger. You will still be wearing down the metal on the rails to break in the weapon. Find some snap caps or an empty case to put in the barrel.

Good point...

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I don't dry fire without snap caps unless I'm just breaking my Glocks down. I do like snap caps for training. drawing and firing so its second nature, i have several holsters that i carry but my main one is a High Noon OWB. I was able to get it cheap on a closeout deal and i paid 30.00 bucks for it and I wish i would have bought everyone they had....its great with sweat protectecter and 15% of forward can't....sorry did not mean to jack thread back to thread at hand, like kwo said work the slide it will help tremendlessly.
Concealed 27

kwo51

Full Access Member
220 sig double stack 45 is huge. Marion County Sheriff Office carries them. They do have an armor on staff,things break.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts