Iwo Jima

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
As a christen I found this very amazing and thought others may enjoy.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGPKpIuX3cY[/ame]

Concealed 27

kwo51

Full Access Member
What happened to the jokers? My uncle was on a boat heading for one of the bomb sights in WW11. After the nuking they turned the Marines around and sent them home. He would not speak of it. Even after my tour we did not share but we had a special bond.

STF

Full Access Member
That's awesome!

Wish I had tried to talk to my Grandfather more before he passed.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Iwo Jima today...great photo.

655px-MemorialonMtSuribachi.jpg

kwo51

Full Access Member
Voices of our warriors who left their blood still scream get the communist off our land. That is you Obama.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Voices of our warriors who left their blood still scream get the communist off our land. That is you Obama.

Obama is a disgrace to our Veterans. I wish he wouldn't even carry on the tradition of putting a wreath on the tomb of the unknown soldier. It doesn't mean shit to him or Michelle.

Anyone seen the video of Michelle at a Flag folding ceremony, and you can read her lips and she says, All this for a Damn Flag in Obama's ear, and he smiles at her.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EDHzPWup58]Did Michelle Obama Disrespect the Flag? - YouTube[/ame]

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Nice tribute to the Vets of Iwo Jima.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwmteCFW61o&feature=player_detailpage]Iwo Jima Trip Slideshow Video 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Good to see they have not been forgotten,Not many of them left.

That video was taken four years ago..so I'am sure there less of those Vets today. Read somewhere that over 16 million Americans served during WWII but by 2020 they will be all gone but hopefully not forgotten by our country.

My old man served during WWII in the Italian Campaign with the 5th Army in the 3485th Ordance Company from July 1 '44 - Jan. 5 '46. He passed away peacefully in 2010 and one of the things I got was his war album..thanks Pop for everything.

kwo51

Full Access Member
And like stallen has said ( he will take the country with out firing a shot.) We are there.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
According to the official Navy Department Library website, "The 36-day (Iwo Jima) assault resulted in more than 26,000 American casualties, including 6,800 dead". Which was the only Marine battle that there were more overall American casualties suffered than the Japanese, even though thrice as many Japanese were killed.

Of the 22,060 Japanese soldiers entrenched on the island, 21,844 died either from fighting or by ritual suicide. Only 216 were captured during the battle

106px-Asiatic-Pacific_Campaign_ribbon.svg.png

SandsOfIwoJima-1949-1.jpg

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I seen part of he news conference in Israel today with Obama and NothinYahoo. Obama sure did a lot of slow talkin and studderin !!! It was obvious he was put on the spot on not comfy. He didn't have his smoothe talking tongue and sales pitch thought out ahead of time..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts